MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Whats wrong with MyBB. In your opinion.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I only have one problem. This community lacks good designers.
(2010-09-26, 02:51 AM)flav1us Wrote: [ -> ]I only have one problem. This community lacks good designers.

I wouldn't say it lacks good designers as much as there's an abundance of bad designers.
(2010-09-26, 03:23 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-26, 02:51 AM)flav1us Wrote: [ -> ]I only have one problem. This community lacks good designers.

I wouldn't say it lacks good designers as much as there's an abundance of bad designers.

Or new designers that need help to improve from a community ready to assist them in a nice manner?
MyBB lacks integration with the major opensource CMS (Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress). Once MyBB have it, we will see a new influx of people, developers, designers and MyBB and MyBB community will benefit greatly from this with more activity, more development, better themes, new services, more plugins and everything else.

People come here, begin to use MyBB and then want to integrate it with their CMS. Then realize they can't, and then they change MyBB in favor of other forum system that can be integrated. This occurs every day.
Quote:MyBB lacks integration with the major opensource CMS (Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress).

The only post so far in this thread with a real problem. Everything else is petty.

My only comment about the community is that it should consider removing and closing some of it's chatty forums in favor of MyBB.com forums being for support of it's product, development and releases. Random chats should just be removed. That's my personal view.
ah...
too many rules for me Wink

I am willing to help every one, if I could and If a have enough time during my online every 2-3 days on MyBB
MyBB has a great system to build on a small plugin. However, if you want to integrate MyBB with your own application or build on a large modification, it's a challenge. MyBB needs an API built right into the software that allows developers to link their applications even if they don't program with PHP. Invision Power Board is leading the way currently. I think if MyBB could build something like IPB, more people would use it. The team has always been reluctant to add in social networking. I don't think MyBB should be social networking software, but there should be some form of login integration and sharing buttons built right in. That's how things work now. Everyone shares with Facebook and Twitter these days.
(2010-09-25, 04:56 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-25, 02:09 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]our plugin system sucks
everytime i update i have nightmares to recovering their data

Depends on the plugin, and your update procedure. You're most likely doingitwrong.

Sign this.
The MyBB plugin system is far more advanced than others and upgrading should not be an issue with plugins if they are properly coded by the author.

(2010-09-26, 05:01 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]My only comment about the community is that it should consider removing and closing some of it's chatty forums in favor of MyBB.com forums being for support of it's product, development and releases. Random chats should just be removed. That's my personal view.
I'd like to disagree. If I come here I of course read the important forums for me first (plugin releases, announcements, mybb.com etc) but then I enjoy some chit-chat here - as a source of content and discussion (a lot of the news I found here went to my german tech board - of course with more info but still the idea was taken from here) and lateron I will look at the other forums again to see if there are any replies already. I'd read them later otherwise. And I think the chit-chat forums do not harm MyBB.

(2010-09-26, 05:01 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:MyBB lacks integration with the major opensource CMS (Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress).

The only post so far in this thread with a real problem. Everything else is petty.

Well, there are people who could do something about it, who could do the integration with plugins.
In my opinion, that is wrong here. Plugin devs do not get enough support, especially when you are new to MyBB you will have to figure a lot to get a good plugin working.
I do not talk about template edits via plugin or button implementation.

But take a look at the wiki and see how the database methods are described, how the plugin page is described. Newbies will get a lot of questions and no place and nobody to answer them usually.
That scares people away.

The Crossreference I do use is not even on the server here.

So I personally would say MyBB lacks documentation and we do not have enough support with tutorials, function and hook lists, database methods and information for new plugin creators.

Just my opinion.

Have a nice evening everybody Smile
(2010-09-26, 05:01 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

My only comment about the community is that it should consider removing and closing some of it's chatty forums in favor of MyBB.com forums being for support of it's product, development and releases. Random chats should just be removed. That's my personal view.

Agreed.
Mybb needs tableless layout possible without 'core' files with 'TD, TR, TABLE' tags
Pages: 1 2 3 4