MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 16-30 seconds for a post to post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Actually, Disturbed has offered to host it temporarily. Hopefully, he will have time soon to set it up.
I apologize for bumping this but Disturbed has been MIA for a few days and I need to figure out if it's my host or not. I'm not sure when Disturbed will be back but in the meantime would someone be willing to host my site temporarily while I do some testing on it? What Disturbed was going to do what setup a remote database.
Sorry I have to bump this thread up once again. My issue still remains and my host KnownHost still is convinced that MyBB is at fault. Below is the latest (today) reply to my support ticket complaining that my forum is ridiculously still slow to load and to submit posts/threads.

Reply 1
Quote:We could see that server load is bit high.

==========
root@host [~]# w
14:00:56 up 52 days, 3:54, 1 user, load average: 4.07, 4.29, 4.53
==========

We're checking the server and will update you soon. Please hold on.

Reply 2
Quote:We could find that MySQL is consuming very high resources in the server, which is causing high server load. We've tweaked MySQL configuration from our end, but it is still consuming bit high resources in the server.

------
root@host [~]# w
15:32:02 up 52 days, 5:25, 1 user, load average: 2.01, 3.12, 4.31
------

Mainly the database 'main_database' is using high memory and CPU in the server. So, Please contact your developer and ask for optimizing the database and query structure. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

I am not sure what to do? Do I jump ship or look into a possible issue with my current MyBB setup?
if you have another database available, install an empty/new MyBB there and see if its slow with just you posting, etc.

if it is slow, its your host

if that is okay, use the Merge System to migrate your old forum to your new one you just made and see if you posting etc is fast or slow. running the merge wont impact your current forums at all.

if working on the new forum is fast, something is wrong with the original database. if it is slow, then you are back to is it mybb or is it your host
Than you for the suggestion paveman. I actually posted a thread over at webhostingtalk.com and a KnownHost rep actually helped me out a great deal. He did a few things which I don't fully understand but things actually seem a little better.

He (Paul) said that I had missing databases and has added them. He actually added the below databases. He looked at the database schema published at http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Database_...mybb_posts. He went above and beyond what I would have expected.

KEY tid (tid,uid),
KEY uid (uid),
KEY dateline (dateline),

He also mentioned that my query cache parameters were missing, and went ahead and added the following lines into /etc/my.cnf

query_cache_limit = 2M
query_cache_size = 64M
query_cache_type = 1

He still has a hunch that I have a plugin that might be causing further issues.
the my.cnf settings are not much larger than default values (since those are used when you dont specify them) but they can make a difference.

now which tables did he apply the indexes? Those index names look like standard indexes that are added as part of the MyBB install, and your debug posts from earlier does not show any queries that are joining on or searching those fields via 'where' and NOT showing an index being used.
I need to bump this back up. I thought my problems were fixed but this past couple of weeks my site is taking a ridiculous amount of time to connect and to load. I need help!

www.ej8squad.com

test
Don't you find it interesting that everytime your host 'fixes' something it works fine for a while before it goes back to the way it was. Everyone here has asked you to try a different host, the only other people who had a similar problem were mostly able to fix their problems by moving hosts, yet you repeatedly keep bumping this asking for help. I don't know what more you expect from us.
The reason why I don't think it is my host because I was actually missing a table and my host viewed the Mybb Wiki and added the missing table.

I also posted a thread about a temporary table, temporary table slow down site. I am thinking that sometime in the past I did not upgrade correctly and this is the cause of all my issues, maybe my problems stem from a combination of many things, I just don't know because I don't have the expertise to figure it out.

Another reason I believe it not completely my host, is that Paul, from KnownHost actually contacted me after reading a post I posted in the adminzone and I he has been great through this.

I will definitely consider your advice and will accept the offer that another member on here has offered. I am sorry that my bumping has irked you in some way. If need be, can a Moderator close this thread?
What table were you missing...?? If it was a table that was used often, you would have known about it extremely quickly as you'd be getting a mass of SQL errors about a missing table, a missing table is not going to mean something takes a long time to post, it means the script would exit with a MySQL error.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6