MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Novus 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It's nice, doesn't live up to the awesomeness I was expecting based on your sig tho Toungue
(2010-11-04, 03:07 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]It's nice, doesn't live up to the awesomeness I was expecting based on your sig tho Toungue

What would you like to see?
Yeah, I find the buttons a bit underwhelming as well ... maybe because we're all used to seeing Silk but they just feel kind of generic, and not in a sleek, minimalist way.
(2010-11-04, 01:55 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I find the buttons a bit underwhelming as well ... maybe because we're all used to seeing Silk but they just feel kind of generic, and not in a sleek, minimalist way.

That was one of the debated parts of this theme. I wanted to keep it simple while still improving upon the original Novus. The Fugue icons were great but they made the the complicated and added an extra bit of copyright. I do agree, though, that the Silk icons are generic. I might replace them with a minimalist one-color set.
(2010-11-04, 04:36 PM)Ferron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-04, 01:55 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I find the buttons a bit underwhelming as well ... maybe because we're all used to seeing Silk but they just feel kind of generic, and not in a sleek, minimalist way.

That was one of the debated parts of this theme. I wanted to keep it simple while still improving upon the original Novus. The Fugue icons were great but they made the the complicated and added an extra bit of copyright. I do agree, though, that the Silk icons are generic. I might replace them with a minimalist one-color set.

http://mashable.com/2010/06/17/minimalist-icon-sets/
Also, could you have an optional white box around the logo area? I very much plan to use this theme, but if I just insert my logo, it will look a tad nasty...

Sad
Uh, why? If you need a white box that badly, just include the white in the image, or restyle the theme yourself ...
(2010-11-04, 11:20 AM)Ferron Wrote: [ -> ]What would you like to see?

idk, just seeing a dark/space-y sig then a straightforward gradient theme is a bit of a mismatch.

(2010-11-04, 04:50 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]http://mashable.com/2010/06/17/minimalist-icon-sets/

<3
(2010-11-05, 01:39 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]idk, just seeing a dark/space-y sig then a straightforward gradient theme is a bit of a mismatch.

I guess I should have thought that out before uploading it. I was going for the fact that since it was 'out of this world' than the theme of the sig should be spacey.
Looks fantastic Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8