MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tons of FAKE users signing up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-11-27, 11:13 AM)Isabel Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks that helps some. But it also does bring up my major concern. That this may happen often. ....
Gmail routinely does the delay delivery thing on addresses it does not recognize in it's whitelist. A valid mail server will wait and then resend, a spammer will just not bother so this is one way to reduce spam. One of the shared hosts I use has ASSP for the mail filter and does the same thing, it will wait for the resend then mark the sender as valid. Spammers send tons of junk from their own computers trying to emulate a mail server.

Don't be concerned yet.

(2010-11-22, 12:38 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-22, 12:27 AM)Cooldude170 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-22, 12:22 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-22, 12:20 AM)Cooldude170 Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming your board is in the English language and is meant for people who speak English, I would just block all foreign countries, as you rarely see a proxy based in the USA.

You realize people all over the world speak English, right?
No, English is said to be one of the hardest languages to comprehend, therefor mostly US England UK and Canada know it.

Wow.

Yes, those countries are countries with the largest concentrations of English speakers but people all over the world speak English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...l_language

Just for reference and I like how Australia wasn't listed either way it's not the best method. However I do know some large forum runners do block countries that they only have issues with. So maybe not white list only 3 countries but blacklist like 10.
Pages: 1 2 3 4