MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Programmer to Programmer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm liking the skin. Big Grin
Too many forums for sure. Good luck on getting it going though.
Thanks. The vast amount of forums is to cover as much programming subjects as possible, though mines severly cut down lol, there are some with 100+ forums.
Protoman Wrote:Thanks. The vast amount of forums is to cover as much programming subjects as possible, though mines severly cut down lol, there are some with 100+ forums.

Do you have an experience running a successful forums?
Quote:Thanks. The vast amount of forums is to cover as much programming subjects as possible, though mines severly cut down lol, there are some with 100+ forums.
Was it a time wasting? was it backbreaking?
You had to use Multiple Forums Adding , to do them all in 1 click.

regards
Now I find this out lol.

Wasn't too bad though, took up some spare time I had in the day.

labrocca Wrote:
Protoman Wrote:Thanks. The vast amount of forums is to cover as much programming subjects as possible, though mines severly cut down lol, there are some with 100+ forums.

Do you have an experience running a successful forums?

I've co-run one or two before, and been a Global Mod on another. The first two have shut down though unfortuantley, due to lack of funding to continue, and the third is still going, though I've left my position and the forums not what they once were but the site was http://www.lomcn.co.uk.

Only problem I tend to come across with forums is a place to advertise them really, never have the faintest idea where to start, so I tend to make a few posts on forums I'm a member of already.
I'd like to add that the custom skin has been added now!
Protoman Wrote:lol there are meant to be.

I had to stop at those because of the amount of subjects under programming is immense!

He has a point. For a small forum, all those boards make your forum look really inactive and a little dead. If you want all those forums, bunch them all up into subforums, etc.
The amount of forums you have can be off putting to pontential members. I am sure a lot of topics only require a thread and not an entire forum. Its's your choice but I wouldn't have so many forums on display I would make some sub forums at least. Just my opinion. Smile
Ah didn't think of that one, I'll have a fiddle around with it and see how it looks
Pages: 1 2 3 4