MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Still PHPBB3 and SMF2 to myBB attachment problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Now I'm not surprised nothing has been done since this was reported back in nov. I think I'll stay with SMF if this is how mybb deals with things.

(2010-12-30, 03:50 PM)colej2k Wrote: [ -> ]Now I'm not surprised nothing has been done since this was reported back in nov. I think I'll stay with SMF if this is how mybb deals with things.

If its too much to ask for you to post what we actually need in order to figure out what is wrong, then how can you expect us to fix it? Is it really so difficult to post your logs and a screenshot of the error? If so, then yes its too difficult for us to help you as well. We need information, plain and simple. A "It doesn't work" isn't enough to go on o fix the error. Especially when I cannot duplicate it on my test board, which means it is either something with your server or human error. Now, I've gone out of my way to repeatedly state that we need the information as instructed in the forum notice. If you wish to be childish and churlish about providing that, then please do stay with your current software. If on the other hand, you can provide the information then I would love to help you. I'm sure there is something simple causing this issue for some people, I just don't, and can't, know what it is without the appropriate information.
There are no logs, it just wouldn't move on because of the message I gave you.

I'm not being funny but who releases a converter without checking to see first that it does attachments Huh
1) There are always logs generated by every step of the Merge System located in MyBB_ROOT/convert/logs/*.log
2) It was tested and has been tested again. I have not been able to successfully duplicate the problem with any regularity. In fact it has happened with only one board and then on a server where there was success before.

Remember, rudeness gets you nothing. Kindness gets you everything. I really dislike sarcasm when I'm trying to help.
(2010-12-30, 09:08 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Remember, rudeness gets you nothing. Kindness gets you everything. I really dislike sarcasm when I'm trying to help.
Sorry but I'm sometimes mistaken for being rude because I'm straight to the point.

Ok tried again from scratch and here's those logs with screen-shot

http://32c.it//29
Are you 100% sure that you're entering the correct path to your files?
Have you tried:
1) Full System Path
2) Relative Path from MyBB forum/convert folder
3) URL
?
(2010-12-31, 05:16 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Are you 100% sure that you're entering the correct path to your files?
Have you tried:
1) Full System Path
2) Relative Path from MyBB forum/convert folder
3) URL
?

The path was correct all 6 attempts. I managed it in the end by going back and then trying it again and then it worked Huh
Thats very weird. And makes me suspect the path detection code. I'll check that out later today if I have time. Thanks for the report.
Spoke to soon, while rebuilding I get this.
Son of a poodle :/

Can you try the SVN trunk Merge System and see if you get different results?
Pages: 1 2 3 4