MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Still PHPBB3 and SMF2 to myBB attachment problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-12-31, 06:01 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Son of a poodle :/

Can you try the SVN trunk Merge System and see if you get different results?

Where do I get that ?
Anyone...........?
are your attachments really in uploads\ or are they in uploads\YYYYMM\ ?

the error you are showing is not using the YYYYMM folder, so that means you have safe mode enabled. that may be a clue as to the issues the merge system is having with file manipulation
another potential issue is file ownership. does phpBB use simple PHP file uploads (move_uploaded_file) or an FTP type process to migrate files from the PHP system upload folder to the phpBB uploads final location? If the latter, there is likely an ownership issue.
(2010-12-31, 07:12 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]are your attachments really in uploads\ or are they in uploads\YYYYMM\ ?

the error you are showing is not using the YYYYMM folder, so that means you have safe mode enabled. that may be a clue as to the issues the merge system is having with file manipulation
another potential issue is file ownership. does phpBB use simple PHP file uploads (move_uploaded_file) or an FTP type process to migrate files from the PHP system upload folder to the phpBB uploads final location? If the latter, there is likely an ownership issue.

I'm trying to migrate from SMF2 RC4 and the location is correct because when I go back and try again it works. As you can see from this thread too I'm not the only one effected Sad
Would this converter work with SMF2 to Mybb1.4
Ok I've given up because I can't keep doing this all day. Here's another error list
Still don't understand that. What do I upload in order to convert ?
You have to download from the SVN trunk the latest files with the latest development changes. That is instructions on how to do so. Once downloaded you will have a convert folder to upload.
So we have to download each file separately rather than just download a zip file ?
Quote:Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /home/tvlicenc/public_html/mybb/new converter/boards/smf2/users.php on line 73

Give up, I'll have to try phpbb3, I know their merge system works
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary

When merging attachment, page just hangs up (even if we set 1 or to attachments per step)
Source "files" folder has been made chmod -R 777
.htaccess in that folder contains Allow from all directive (just in case)

And files seems to copy somehow:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 wwwserver ******* 35555 Aug 10 16:12 post_3_1298491544.attach
-rwxrwxrwx 1 wwwserver ******* 65647 Aug 10 16:12 post_4_1299502941.attach

Forum system you converted from
PHPBB3.0.8

Relevant debug logs
[attachment=23772]
btw, when merging starts it checks /merge/logs/
for existance and writeability, and if it's present
-- it works, but no logs are created

Screenshot or error text, verbatim
It just hangs up like this