MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hanging at "Loading. Please wait"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Actually I was trying to help, but it seems like I'm on your bad side today Matt Sad

Oh, no that's not what I was getting at, sorry; I'm pretty sure I've found why the original problem here is happening now, it's unlikely it's the same cause on your forum. I thought you were posting because you wanted help fixing it, and if you do, it'd be better to make a new thread as it probably isn't related to this one.

@Josh try this version of thread.js, it takes the lack of " " in the source code into account.
[attachment=20687]

See if this fixes it.
Fixes it for me!
THANK YOU MATT

How do we find the cause?
Phew!! That's good.

Hmm, I really have no clue as to why the " " are getting stripped from the HTML, especially if it just suddenly started one day, and if it shows them in the templates in the ACP. I don't think I've seen this before.

In the source code, it looks like this:

<table border=0 cellspacing=1 cellpadding=4 class=tborder style="border-top-width: 0; " id=post_189724>

but in the templates, it shows like this??

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">

It's weird that the style one still has the " " but none of the others do...
thats exactly right. the style attribute is the only one with double quotes. could it have anything to do with the server settings? I switched to VPS recently from shared hosting...
(2010-12-06, 09:38 PM)josh0322 Wrote: [ -> ]thats exactly right. the style attribute is the only one with double quotes.

What, in the templates in the ACP...??
no, in the ACP they ALL have double quotes
It's baaaaaaack
It seems that the problem with the " " mysteriously not showing the source seems to have gone, the source is now displaying correctly. As we had to edit a javascript file as a work around for this, it's no longer necessary, so upload a new copy of ./jscripts/thread.js from a fresh download, to undo the edit we had to make, and it should work again.

I truly have absolutely no idea what caused the " " to be missing in the HTML in the first place, but whatever it was seems to have suddenly fixed itself.
That is so bizarre. I'm going to have to think hard about what has changed...
orange now neither script is working.
Ok Upgraded to latest patch 1.6.1
looks like quick reply works once but if you want to quick reply twice on the same page
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5