MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some questions about mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
When will mybb 2 come out.
Why is Mybb only on version 1.6 when it is only 2 years younger then phpbb, and behind 1 version on smf?????? Why are there not many mods, and did you copy off of VB?
Also, why is the support forum so small compared to phpbb and smf?
Also, why is the support forum so small compared to phpbb and smf?
Also would you say it is more powerful then VB?
Also would you say it is more powerful then VB?
Also, is mybb SEO, and more importantly why is the development team so small. I am a senior admin, and I have never seen such a slow development. Not to say that your software is bad. Infact it is great so far as I can tell.
P.S. Please move this post to some where else.
This must be the least professional SMF admin I've ever seen.

>why is the development team so small.

MyBB is open source and their developers are volunteers.

>is mybb SEO

Depends on what you mean by "SEO", it has "SEO support".

>Also would you say it is more powerful then VB?

That's completely opinionated.

>When will mybb 2 come out.

Whenever it's done.

(No I'm not staff but I have common sense)
MyBB 2.0 will be a core rewrite, so it'll be a while.

The versioning systems are completely different, you can't compare two softwares solely on the version number, it's a completely irrelevant metric Undecided

There are plenty of mods, not all of them are on here.

No, we didn't copy off vB.

Support forums are small?? In what way?? What exactly are you expecting??

Depends what you mean by powerful. vB has features MyBB doesn't but a lot of people don't need or want them.

Our development team has 9 people, the SMF development team has 3 people, so if you think our dev team is small, I'm not sure what team information you've been looking at. Might I add that's not a dig at the SMF team, merely responding with facts.

Slow development?? Eh?? SMF 2 has been in development for 5 years, in that time we've released 1.4 and 1.6. Not sure what you're talking about at all on this one.
Sorry, and I hope your grow, I am currently trying you out and I love what I see. With your wuick support you will grow lighting fast.

Can mybb support large communities
and is is Search Engine optimized
Sorry, and I hope your grow, I am currently trying you out and I love what I see. With your wuick support you will grow lighting fast.

Can mybb support large communities
and is is Search Engine optimized

Why are not all of the mods on your mod site???
I need one that smf can't offer a really incredible points system.
Why is it double posting?
Yes, MyBB is running a 5.5 and a 7.5 million post forum just fine.

It has search engine friendly URLs and there's plugins to improve SEO.

All of the mods aren't here as people run something called 3rd party sites and they host their mods there. There are various points systems for MyBB.

It's double posting because you're pressing the button more than once, you'll notice it isn't happening to anybody else.
Do you recommend one?
WOW! Love your installation wizard!!!
WOW! Love your installation wizard!!!
This seems more like a troll than an actual SMF Administrator.
Stop spamming. If you continue to do this, you will just be banned by staff.
I am not a troll, just experimenting with software. I love it so far and considering to convert.
Stop clicking the submit button several times then. You're not going to get any helpful replies if you're going to spam like this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5