MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Classic postbit option changed letter color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, I just read this thread and I am having the same problem with the classic postbit option. So, after reading this:

(2010-12-02, 03:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's nothing to do with being an administrator, that setting doesn't affect current users, only guests and new users. You need this to force the setting: http://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.h...ht=postbit

I visited my forum as a guest and yes, I can read the thread now having the classic mode on, but for some reason, the letters in the post have changed from white to black. Huh It is quite a problem because I use a theme with a black background which makes reading difficult. How is this solved?
Link to your forum?

Test account??
URL?? Something must be different about the postbit_classic template if the colour has changed, that thread merely explains how to change the setting, it won't change colours or anything.
(2010-12-03, 06:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]URL?? Something must be different about the postbit_classic template if the colour has changed, that thread merely explains how to change the setting, it won't change colours or anything.

I can only give you the link to my forum through PM. Wait..

EDIT: Link sent
Why only through PM?
(2010-12-03, 06:46 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Why only through PM?

It is not ready to go public yet. Some final adjustments need to be made.

Well, we won't be judging just assisting.
Needs a minor CSS and template change... go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand the template set for this theme** > Post Bit Templates > postbit_classic > find:

<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">

change to:

<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">

Then go to ACP > Templates & Style > **choose this theme** > global.css > choose .post_body from the selector dropdown menu > in the 'color' option, put #EA7B09 and then save.
That did it. Now, should I just run this query in PHPMyAdmin?

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `classicpostbit` = '1' WHERE `classicpostbit` = '0'

If you want everyone to use Classic Postbit then yes.
Pages: 1 2 3