MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Servers for one forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let's say I have a fully grown forum and the SQL and CPU of one server can't hold everything any more, how can I use a separate server to help server 1 to carry the forum?
Just setup another server with MySQL capabilities, and change the config.php on your other server to use a MySQL database on the other server. (IF that made sense Toungue )

Also, hope Labrocca doesn't mind me referencing him, but he has done this with one of his forums, I believe, so he may be able to help if you need more info Toungue
So that is possible

Forum - - - - - - - - Server 1
|-----------------Server 2
(2010-12-19, 06:05 AM)E-Hero Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]So that is possible

Forum - - - - - - - - Server 1
|-----------------Server 2

yea, u just add another database.
Wiat, what do you mean another database? What I want is like expanding my bandwidth, SQL space using 2 hosting/servers
Server One - Forum Files
Server Two - MySQL.

All you are doing is setting up a remote MySQL server and using that as the forum database.
Oh, is there anyone who can teach me how to do that?

Not in a hurry though
It's pretty easy, although I have never done it. Toungue

If you have the second server ready, with MySQL (and I'm not sure if you need apache...) just make a new database on the MySQL server and import the forum database backup. Then you need to change config.php, and make the database host the name/IP/something of the MySQL server, and the corresponding database credentials.
You won't need Apache if you don't mind editing the database via command line. If you want to use phpMyAdmin then you need Apache.
you can have multiple MySQL databases:
http://blog.mybb.com/2008/03/18/mybb-14-...ew-part-3/
Pages: 1 2 3