MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LinuxAdept
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey, I'm just dropping in here to showcase the project that I'm currently working the most on, LinuxAdept. It's a general Linux discussion community located at http://linuxadept.com

We currently have little members, but hopefully that will improve with time. However, we do have two fantastic (*modest*) administrators: Putnam and I.

We've done many things to improve our site, like installing a SEO package and a social toolbar.

Right now, we're using a theme called The Cure, but Putnam is working on a Ubuntu-style theme, which should be live in a few weeks.

Please drop by if you have some time, and please comment!
My only comment is actually a question. If its a "General" linux forum, why do an "Ubuntu" style theme? Wouldn't a general Linux theme be more appropriate?
I was thinking the same Dylan haha. Anyway, looks pretty cool - it's nice to see an alternative to the ubuntu forums Toungue
(2010-12-22, 08:03 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking the same Dylan haha.

Well ya know, I'm all about the penguin Wink
I may actually have to make myself a nice Linux theme Big Grin
Good luck Smile
(2010-12-22, 12:08 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-22, 08:03 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking the same Dylan haha.

Well ya know, I'm all about the penguin Wink
I may actually have to make myself a nice Linux theme Big Grin

If you do, draw inspiration from here please: http://www.linux.com/ =P

I love that design.
Indubitably Big Grin

Things such as this may appear if you use internet sucksplorer Big Grin
[attachment=20904]
[attachment=20905]
(2010-12-22, 12:28 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Indubitably Big Grin

Things such as this may appear if you use internet sucksplorer Big Grin

Of course.
Since we're getting a little off topic talking about my potential theme... I spent a little more time on the site checking out the threads and such.

So far there isn't any truly unique content, but the idea is good and Linux forums always have potential. That is of course also there downfall, the simple fact that there are so many Linux forums out there. I wish you the best of luck, and I look forward to seeing more.
This is Putnam, and I would like to say that the Ubuntu theme is just a start. I am planning on making different themes based off the most popular distributions and each desktop environment. I would like to also make a penguin-themed general linux theme, but I figured I may as well get the most popular distribution done with first.
So over the next few months I hope to have made a theme for Linux, Ubuntu, KDE, GNOME, and XFCE at the least.
I was also thinking of somehow implementing an user-agent checker to automatically choose a theme for visitors to the site. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3