MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to gain access to System Account?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am on Windows 7 and i need to log in as the "SYSTEM" account. Is this possible and how?
Why would you need to do that?
There are parts of the registry that are "cut off" even as an Admin. That is why i need a way to get it. It's mainly due to Visual Studio 2005 and 2010 saying i have an Invalid License. And many people also have this, but have no way to fix this.
I want to attempt an registry fix!
You could try booting from something like Hirens, see if you can edit the registry from that.
Actually the entire registry is editable by a normal "Admin" account, you just have to manually load the extra hives. Lots of tutorials on that online.

However, if you just keep pressing F8 while your computer is booting you'll get the boot prompt screen where you can choose things like safe mode and what not. If you choose any of the safe mode options, the full power system Admin "Administrator" can be selected from the user logon screen.
If you really want the system account you can download PsTools from sysinternals, and launch cmd with the system account (there will be a tutorial somewhere). From their you can close explorer using task manager, then open it from your system CMD. This now runs everything as the system account.
(2011-01-25, 08:00 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]If you really want the system account you can download PsTools from sysinternals, and launch cmd with the system account (there will be a tutorial somewhere). From their you can close explorer using task manager, then open it from your system CMD. This now runs everything as the system account.

Would this work for Windows 7?
Yes, ive done it Smile
I improvised and it didn't work using PSTools(some parts still are limited).
Were you in the system explorer? Did it say "system" as your name on the start menu?
Pages: 1 2 3