MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [BETA] AjaxChat Shoutbox v0.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2011-01-29, 06:05 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Does it make the noise when posting?
Yes, a notification sound does exists

Just a suggestion
Instead if using a hard coded path

require "../admin/inc/functions_themes.php";
it is better to use:
require MYBB_ADMIN_DIR.'inc/functions_themes.php';
many boards have a custom admin directory for security reasons
(2011-01-29, 12:00 PM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again
Can you explain more: is it possible for me to add smilies to you Plugin?
Yes thats all in "lib/templates/shoutbox.html" in your ajax chat installation dir.

Quote:And what is the planned features?
I'm currently playing on modding this ajaxchat shoutbox template (options, smilies and stuff) and including this into the plugin directory.

(2011-01-29, 08:09 PM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]Just a suggestion
Instead if using a hard coded path

require "../admin/inc/functions_themes.php";
it is better to use:
require MYBB_ADMIN_DIR.'inc/functions_themes.php';
many boards have a custom admin directory for security reasons

That's a good suggestion, thank you :-)
First post updated

31/01/2011 - v0.2-beta
  • integrated AjaxChat shoutbox template into plugin dir
  • added some more features to the shoutbox template

Screenshot
[Image: afasmp.jpg]
Awesome, thanks for the updates! I know this is a stretch but is there a way to put this on the portal homepage? I use proportal.
(2011-01-31, 05:26 PM)arineod Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome, thanks for the updates! I know this is a stretch but is there a way to put this on the portal homepage? I use proportal.

Sorry but this plugin is originally supposed to be a forumindex one only. Furthermore this proportal plugin you're talking about seems to be discontinued, so I can't even take a look on it.

Update: Since I didn't realized that MyBB has an build-in portal I'am now going to integrate the shoutbox into it.
(2011-02-01, 12:14 AM)lorus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-31, 05:26 PM)arineod Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome, thanks for the updates! I know this is a stretch but is there a way to put this on the portal homepage? I use proportal.

Sorry but this plugin is originally supposed to be a forumindex one only. Furthermore this proportal plugin you're talking about seems to be discontinued, so I can't even take a look on it.

Update: Since I didn't realized that MyBB has an build-in portal I'am now going to integrate the shoutbox into it.

The regular portal will be awesome. I am sure I could easily find a way to include it into the other if need be. Looking forward to this update/change.

Thanks
First post updated

02/02/2011 - v0.3-beta
  • added support for portal
  • added options to acp which allows to hide/show the shoutbox on index/portal

Screenshots
[Image: 2h4f0jo.jpg][Image: a5g7xd.jpg]
wow, that was fast. Nice!!!!
ajaxchat_shoutbox.php Open:
Find:
cellspacing=\"{\$theme['borderwidth']}\" cellpadding=\"{\$theme['tablespace']}\"
Change:
cellspacing=\"1\" cellpadding=\"4\"
Save.
I downloaded beta 0.3
I got this error
Error during connecting to AjaxChat installation ...
http://www.mybbhmong.com/

I clicked on http://www.mybbhmong.com/chat/ on the Header Templates --> header there was and error 404 directory not exist. The the file itself, there wasn't even a /chat/ directory.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5