MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB V3. Members Only to MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
ive finally worked out how to download the files from the svn trunk but when running the merge files its coming up with this error when starting to merge members over...

Huh plz can you help.. Lightbulb

Users1,000 users are importing right now. There are 6,501 users left to import and 7 pages left.

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1000' at line 5
Query:
    SELECT * FROM ibf_members m LEFT JOIN ibf_profile_portal pp ON (m.member_id=pp.pp_member_id) LEFT JOIN ibf_pfields_content pc ON (m.member_id=pc.member_id) LIMIT , 1000 
Someone else just had this issue too. Very strange. As I went over with that other issue, this actually should not happen since the variable IS set... yet for some strange reason not read in properly here.

As a work-around you can try this.

Open merge/boards/ipb3/users.php & change:
	function import()
	{
		global $import_session;

To:
	function import()
	{
		global $import_session;
		if(!isset($this->trackers['start_users']) || empty($this->trackers['start_users']))
		{
			$this->trackers['start_users'] = 0;
		}

Would be nice to know what is the real issue though, since this doesn't happen for me.
The associated bug report: Bug #1476
Interesting to note that both reports of this are on LEFT JOIN queries...
Thank you Dylan the code above seems to have sorted it out..

its now giving me the option to merge Forums & Forum Permissions, will this work or not.?

if not its fine i will just have to manually add all the sections one by one.. but would save lots of time if it did..

thanks again your a star..
least ive now got my 7,000+ members back..
No, nothing beyond users works yet.
Hello Dylan... Well I am back LOL. NO further word on the development? Do you think sometime this summer we will have it? I am not trying to push anyone, but it is not just me that is asking. A lot of my friends that are on IPB want to move here as well. Talk with you soon I hope...
BAD NEWS..

after successfully importing all my members from the IPB database over to mybb ive since found out that NO ONE at all can make a post or add attachment or anything other than view the board when set to Registered member group, all they are getting is a blank screen after clicking on submit post.. no error or anything

BUT i can move any member over to admin or mod group & they can make the post without any problems.

also ive signed up as a new member to test out what happens & they are getting the same problems just a blank screen when trying to submit a new post/reply.... BUT can send PM's..

is this something to do with moving them over as before i moved them all over Registered members could make posts.

thanks. Sad
Baron,

Have you checked the usergroup permissions and each forum's permissions for the Registered membergroup? It shouldn't have been changed, but if it is I'll need to know so I can look for why its changing the permissions of already established groups.

Starnova,

Sorry, I've been having a rough time of it lately at home. Problems with the step daughter running away, getting in fights at school, and other related issues. I've not really spent any time on development at all.
thanks for getting back to me dylan.
yes ive checked all the usergroup permissions & nothing has changed since moving over the members...

when signed in as a member everything seems to work as it should do. they can even send PM's without a problem.. it also lets them click on the reply OR make new thread button upload an attachment & even preview the post... BUT as soon as they click on "post reply" button all they get is a blank page.. no error or nothing.. just blank.. so for me it cant be a permissions problem or they wouldn't be able to get this far with making a post...

if i swap any member over to admin or mod usergroup they can post.. swap them back & they no longer can post, same problem as above.
Ok, and you checked the per forum permissions as well? Other than those I'm out of ideas tbh. It might be a good idea for me to have Matt look at your forum if this doesn't resolve it, PM me with Admin login details for your board and I'll forward them to Matt. He knows way more about the permissions system than I do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6