MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Patches 1.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like I said, an option to force multiple edits would be best. Put it on the patch author, perhaps even after finding a multiple match, then ask to go ahead anyway.
Added a patch file for bug 1537 to the previous post. I'll go ahead and add the option anyway. It seems like this plugin has only a select few users anyhow... Smile
its unfortunate that few people are using it, its a good tool.
i am having trouble getting the Patches tab to show in 1.6.2 using Sharepoint theme. it shows up fine with the default ACP theme, but not Sharepoint.
I'm just attempting to create my first patch with this tool and have a quick question I'd like to ask.

I'm modifying one of the function files within the admin directory and was wondering how I might combat the problem of people having different names for the admin directory. I'm probably going to re-distribute the plugin if it works well, so this is quite a big issue. Can I just use the variable $config['admin_dir'] or can we even use variables within file pths at all?
The Patches plugin doesn't actually deal with a changed admin directory right now. I might add this in a future version so that admin/ automatically gets translated to the configured admin_dir. The alternative what users have to do right now is edit the patch and put their admin dir name in there themselves.

However, Patches is just a front-end to PluginLibrary's core edit feature; so if you want to make a change to a file for one of your own plugins, you can just use PluginLibrary directly and take admin dir into account there.
I originally just planned to re-distribute the patch file rather than create a full plugin (it's only 3 lines of code afterall).

Thanks anyway - people can easily edit that aspect of the patch. Great tool by the way. This is my first real go with it and it's worked perfectly so far.
have you thought about supporting the JS files?
What's the difference between activating and applying a patch? I'm pretty sure "applying" means making the modification to the file, but then, "activating" is a bit vague.
Applying will only apply the activated patches. So if you want to remove a patch but not delete it altogether, you deactivate it. You can activate / deactivate various patches for one file until you're happy and then click apply to actually make the change in the file. Also useful for changes that require more than one edit / patch to work.
I exported some patches from my localhost to a live site, and when importing it said the file contained errors. I opened up the xml file and it did indeed contain errors. The last few tags weren't closed. I went ahead and closed them myself, which worked, but unless I'm missing something this must be a bug. I've attached both files, i.e. the broken file and the fixed version.

Awesome plugin by the way! Wink
[attachment=23984][attachment=23985]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8