MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Patches 1.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thansk for your support frostschutz. I'm reading on php.net Smile

Could you help me to make your previous code work in my case ?
Help, please.
(2013-04-23, 10:47 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]you'll have to replace the entire string instead, or find another way to apply your modification.

I explained how to work around the limitations of this plugin in your case. I'm not sure what else I could do to help. If you have a problem with PHP, you should make a separate thread for it.

EDIT: Edited the code on the previous page.
Hello! First of all, I have to say this is a great plugin...

.. and second of all I am here because I can't get it to work properly. Whenever I try to apply a patch, it throws this error message:
"The file is not writable.", alternatively if I try to "make edits" to the sample plugin: "The file inc/plugins/hello_pl.php could not be edited. Are the CHMOD settings correct?"

My files have their permission set to 644 - I don't know if that's causing the issue? I tried to check the documentation but couldn't find anything about it, other than "requires permission to apply changes". I don't want to just randomly muck about and change the settings so I'd be happy if someone told me what they need to be!

Help would be appreciated! :)
If 644 does not work for files, try 664 or 666.

Note that folders need the executable bit (1) so for them it's 755 or 775 or 777.

The correct setting depends on your hosts' setup.
Thanks for the quick reply, though unfortunately what I had written in a patch apparently broke the whole board! It looks like permission 666 is what I need for Patches to work, though. :B Because that's when it all crashed and burned.

Thanks again! Now I need to figure out what was wrong with it and make sure it's not going to kill me again. xP
I'm getting some errors with patches when I try to edit a patch after updating to 1.6.11:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1054 - Unknown column 'pmulti' in 'field list'
Query:
    SELECT pfile,ptitle,pdescription,psearch,pbefore,pafter,preplace,pmulti,pnone FROM mybb_patches WHERE pid='24'
Try deactivating and activating the plugin, seems you updated it without doing so before...
(2013-10-10, 08:36 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Try deactivating and activating the plugin, seems you updated it without doing so before...

yep, that was the problem.

thanks!
Wow very nice plugin, it'll be helpful when forums get big and don't have time to do the normal install (due to custom plugins, changes to the code, etc.). I'm making sure to use this since it'll be a real time saver.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8