MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyShowcase System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
That's odd - I am uid 1. I'll try it anyway though Smile
I tried to install and I didn't get any errors, but nothing happened either! there was no acp tab, only the plugin setting with 1 option. I uninstalled and removed everything. I may be a little unsure of the file upload structure. Mainly the showcase(one level up) file...where should it go? My forum is in a folder inside my public_html...
Hi pavemen - the three files you posted have helped a lot.

I have got to the point where I am able to view/edit etc the default data in the plugin file. I see that the language file showcase fs is only created for that file when you add a name for the text fields - but thats logical I guess.

Now I am having a problem adding attachments: I get this error

The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination

I can add attachments on other parts of the board no issue. I tried with gif, jpg and png. The images folder (and sub directory) I made is set to 777

Location of images folder: root/showcase_images/sc1
Location of showcase1.php - root.
Path in showcase setting: showcase_images/sc1
(2011-01-31, 05:28 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to install and I didn't get any errors, but nothing happened either! there was no acp tab, only the plugin setting with 1 option. I uninstalled and removed everything. I may be a little unsure of the file upload structure. Mainly the showcase(one level up) file...where should it go? My forum is in a folder inside my public_html...

Did you set the admin permissions? Read the readme file.
(2011-01-31, 05:28 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to install and I didn't get any errors, but nothing happened either! there was no acp tab, only the plugin setting with 1 option. I uninstalled and removed everything. I may be a little unsure of the file upload structure. Mainly the showcase(one level up) file...where should it go? My forum is in a folder inside my public_html...

follow the readme.txt file in the package. it will explain how to give yourself admin permissions to the new module in the ACP.

as stated in one of the other posts above, the "one level up" file is an example of the edits needed to use the showcase system outside the forum root. if you are putting everything in the forum root, then you do not need it, but you do need the showcase.php that was attached a couple posts back.

(2011-01-31, 05:50 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pavemen - the three files you posted have helped a lot.

I have got to the point where I am able to view/edit etc the default data in the plugin file. I see that the language file showcase fs is only created for that file when you add a name for the text fields - but thats logical I guess.

The language support will be getting upgraded in the next version to make more use of a language edit function. Right now its built directly into the code that does the writing so its not as optimized as it could/should be

(2011-01-31, 05:50 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Now I am having a problem adding attachments: I get this error

The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination

I can add attachments on other parts of the board no issue. I tried with gif, jpg and png. The images folder (and sub directory) I made is set to 777

Location of images folder: root/showcase_images/sc1

I use the MyBB upload code only I copied and renamed the file and only edited it to change the upload path and database table to update. Otherwise its 1.6/1.6.1 code. So it should not be that.

Not being able to move the image sounds like the image path is not setup correctly.

in the ACP on the summary page, disable the showcase and re-enable it. this will make sure the folder is accessible and writable.

if you have showcase.php in

/public_html/mybb/showcase.php

then the image folder for you should be set to

showcase_images/sc_1

if the actual location is /public_html/mybb/showcase_images/sc_1 as that is the relative path from the showcase.php file.
OK, Paveman...I got it installed and admin permission set.

When I try to navigate to the page (http://7173mustangs.com/showcase.php) I get this error: (inside a forum page, not white screen)

This file is not properly configured in the MyShowcase Admin section of the ACP

Also, where do I find the OTHER SETTINGS and GROUP PERMISSION SETTINGS mentioned in the help files?
You need to create the showcase in ACP > MyShowcase Admin > Summary and then give it a name, description (this is used in the meta description), the file name you are using (in this case showcase.php), the path to the where attachments are stored, and the field set to use.

EDIT: and then you need to make sure the image folder exists and is writable, make sure the field set you want to use is correct and finalized, then Options > Create Table, Options > Enable and if you have SEO enabled on the forum Options > Show SEO and follow those instructions.

The Other Settings for each specific showcase can be found by clicking Options > Edit from the Summary page.
(2011-01-31, 07:01 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]You need to create the showcase in ACP > MyShowcase Admin > Summary and then give it a name, description (this is used in the meta description), the file name you are using (in this case showcase.php), the path to the where attachments are stored, and the field set to use.

EDIT: and then you need to make sure the image folder exists and is writable, make sure the field set you want to use is correct and finalized, then Options > Create Table, Options > Enable and if you have SEO enabled on the forum Options > Show SEO and follow those instructions.

The Other Settings for each specific showcase can be found by clicking Options > Edit from the Summary page.

Ah, ok...so once I create a showcase, I will be able to select moderators and such?

Also, a set up question. I am going to use this plugin as a registry for 1971, 72 and 73 Mustangs...should I create just one showcase or make a separate one for each year? I'd like the vehicles to be sorted by year...what do you recommend?
(2011-01-31, 07:07 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, ok...so once I create a showcase, I will be able to select moderators and such?

Also, a set up question. I am going to use this plugin as a registry for 1971, 72 and 73 Mustangs...should I create just one showcase or make a separate one for each year? I'd like the vehicles to be sorted by year...

Yes, once the showcase has been created you can add moderators (default moderator, supermod, admin groups get mod permissions automatically though).

You can use a single showcase. Make sure the field set you create has a Year field, set it to int type, min and max length both 4 (so its always YYYY required for input), set it to enabled, required and searchable.

Another option is to make Year a "db" type and then once you save that field, click Options > Edit for the field and you can create three entries 1971, 1972 and 1973. Then your users can pick it from a dropdown and you limit their options to only what you want to support (use the transspeed field in the sample data as an example)

Then your users can sort and search by year (regardless of the type of field you choose to create)

if you installed the sample data, check out the Trucks field set.

@leefish:

are you FTPing into the server using the account login? just want to make sure that the owner is set properly as well as the chmod. since you mentioned it being a friends testing environment I want to exhaust all possibilities.

what OS is it and what PHP version?
OK cool!

Another quick question...what are the field settings 'int' and 'bigint' What's the proper setting for db?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5