MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyShowcase System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi pavemen - progressing slowly. I can now upload attachments, but I cannot view them in the showcase. I get the message in the view showcase that there are no attachments, yet if I go to edit I can see I have attached two images. I don't know if I have resize software on the server - I think not. I am PMing you the whole login shebang (ulp) server, ftp, admin details.
What do we use for relative path from forum? I could use an example?? Big Grin
(2011-01-31, 08:25 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pavemen - progressing slowly. I can now upload attachments, but I cannot view them in the showcase. I get the message in the view showcase that there are no attachments, yet if I go to edit I can see I have attached two images. I don't know if I have resize software on the server - I think not. I am PMing you the whole login shebang (ulp) server, ftp, admin details.

I got your PM and sent reply.

Not sure of the issue as I am using the system on two domains, one with the showcase setup outside the forum and one with it in the forum root.

(2011-01-31, 09:46 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]What do we use for relative path from forum? I could use an example?? Big Grin

Example:

Forum in /pubic_html/mybb
Showcase file as /pubic_html/mybb/showcase.php
Create folder with 755-777 permissions at /pubic_html/mybb/showcase_images
Set Image Path to showcase_images
(2011-01-31, 09:52 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-31, 08:25 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Hi pavemen - progressing slowly. I can now upload attachments, but I cannot view them in the showcase. I get the message in the view showcase that there are no attachments, yet if I go to edit I can see I have attached two images. I don't know if I have resize software on the server - I think not. I am PMing you the whole login shebang (ulp) server, ftp, admin details.

I got your PM and sent reply.

Not sure of the issue as I am using the system on two domains, one with the showcase setup outside the forum and one with it in the forum root.

(2011-01-31, 09:46 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]What do we use for relative path from forum? I could use an example?? Big Grin

Example:

Forum in /pubic_html/mybb
Showcase file as /pubic_html/mybb/showcase.php
Create folder with 755-777 permissions at /pubic_html/mybb/showcase_images
Set Image Path to showcase_images

Getting error trying to create the tables...
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'Engine' used in key specification without a key length
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_myshowcase_data3 ( gid smallint(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, uid int(10) NOT NULL, views int(11) NOT NULL default '0', comments int(11) NOT NULL default '0', submit_date varchar(20) default '', dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL, createdate bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', approved tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', approved_by mediumint(10) NOT NULL default '0', posthash varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',Year int(3) default '0',Model int(3) default '0',Special Edition / Package int(3) default '0',Engine text,Transmission text,Rear End Size text,Rear Axle Ratio text,Exterior Color text,Wheel Size text,Tire Size text,VIN (Last 6 Numerals Not Requi text,Interior Color text,Convertible or Vinyl Top Color text,Carb text,Intake text,Cam text,Exhaust int(3) default '0',Estimated Horse Power text,Special Features / Options text,Additional Comments text, PRIMARY KEY (gid), KEY uid (uid), KEY approved (approved), KEY Year (Year), KEY Model (Model), KEY Engine (Engine), KEY Transmission (Transmission), KEY Exterior Color (Exterior Color), KEY VIN (Last 6 Numerals Not Requi (VIN (Last 6 Numerals Not Requi), KEY Interior Color (Interior Color)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 PACK_KEYS=1 AUTO_INCREMENT=1;

I sent you a PM...maybe you can take a look for me Angel
@RocketFoot

I took a look at your setup. When you edit the field set, the Field Name is the actual field name in the table. Those should be lowercase with no special characters or spaces and Field Label is the display value for that field. Take a look at what I did for the Special Edition / Package field you had. Also, look at the Trucks field set. I added some data to the Field Label for several records.

Also, there is a difference between textbox and a textarea. A textbox is a small box with a single line for input. Much like the box you type a subject in when posting.

A textarea is a large box that supports multiple lines. This is like a quick reply box or new post message area. I would recommend that you create a new field set with no more than two textareas. Each one is automatically set to a 'text' field type during table creation and that add overhead and uses more memory than needed.

If you check out my demo forum at http://www.headoffroad.com/showcase.php

The reason registry.php link is not working is that you have not setup the .htaccess for SEO yet. If you go to showcase.php you will see the "not setup message" instead of the 404 error.

Once you have created the field set, its fields and created the table for the showcase and then enabled it, you should see new content at showcase.php.

Once you update the .htaccess with the SEO info, registry.php will work.
(2011-02-01, 12:11 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]@RocketFoot

I took a look at your setup. When you edit the field set, the Field Name is the actual field name in the table. Those should be lowercase with no special characters or spaces and Field Label is the display value for that field. Take a look at what I did for the Special Edition / Package field you had. Also, look at the Trucks field set. I added some data to the Field Label for several records.

Also, there is a difference between textbox and a textarea. A textbox is a small box with a single line for input. Much like the box you type a subject in when posting.

A textarea is a large box that supports multiple lines. This is like a quick reply box or new post message area. I would recommend that you create a new field set with no more than two textareas. Each one is automatically set to a 'text' field type during table creation and that add overhead and uses more memory than needed.

The reason registry.php link is not working is that you have not setup the .htaccess for SEO yet. If you go to showcase.php you will see the "not setup message" instead of the 404 error.

Once you have created the field set, its fields and created the table for the showcase and then enabled it, you should see new content at showcase.php.

Ok, I'll get the fields all set up up. How do I edit htaccess for SEO once I'm done with that?
(2011-02-01, 12:22 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-01, 12:11 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]@RocketFoot

Ok, I'll get the fields all set up up. How do I edit htaccess for SEO once I'm done with that?

Using an FTP client is the easiest, open it up to your server, browse to the location with your forum in it and location .htaccess. Copy it to your computer, edit it and paste the lines from the SHOW SEO option in the ACP. Save and upload it back.

You should already see a bunchof other forum rewrites there (posts, forums, calendar, etc. Just paste it under the current Rewrites
OK...no prob.

I got the tables to work, showcase enabled but still no content in showcase.php...

http://7173mustangs.com/showcase.php
okay, you set the mainfile to be registry.php, but did not rename showcase.php to registry.php.

The "mainfile" is the actual name of the file you want to use for that specific showcase. So right now I changed the setting to showcase.php and it shows up on your site. However, if you want the file to be called registry.php, rename the actual showcase.php file to that and then put the setting back to registry.php in the ACP. Then you can generate the correct SEO and update htaccess.

So right now you can view the page at http://www.7173mustangs [dot] com/showcase [dot] php
Once htaccess is updated, your registry will available at

www [dot] 7173mustangs [dot] com/71-73-mustang-registry [dot] html

If you do not want that long name, then you can change it in the ACP by editing the showcase "name"

Also, I would highly suggest that you edit the field set's fields so that the Field Order (list) is only showing 2-4 columns. The (View) is the order that the new/edit/view pages show the fields. The (List) is the order that the fields are displayed in the list/catalog view of the main page. use "-1" to hide fields. I edited the list already for you. Take a look at what I did and the output.
btw, the reason I have a "mainfile" setting is so that yo can have multiple showcases in the same folder with unique URLs.

in my easier testing, I took the showcase.php file and made a copy of it. Both files were in the forum root. I renamed one to garage.php and the other to comps.php.

I had two showcases in the ACP, one with garage.php as the mainfile and comps.php for the other. The names were Garage and Computers.

Using SEO, this let me have www.domain.com/forum/garage.html and www.domain.com/forum/computers.html
Alright! Thanks!

I will work on the rows and columns but when I click post new...I still get an error??

No results returned for table lookup. Data is missing. Huh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5