MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strict Username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Version 1.3:
- Add compatibility with MyBB 1.6.4
How about converting this a bit so that it only allows these characters? I don't think there is much call to prevent alphanumerics. If anything I would think people would want to restrict usernames to certain characters which is the opposite of this plugin.

There is just no way an admin can list all the crylic, croation, asian, unicode or other characters to restrict. But I would think it better to say 0-9, a-z,A-Z, space, underscore, dash are allowed.
Version 1.4:
Now administrator can choose: chars will be allowed or rejected.
Hi,
Its a great mode but because of the change in function run_hooks_by_ref its not working any more.
Can you please update the plugin

Thz,
Maddy
Yes, I am going to update this plugin next week.
(2011-12-03, 12:10 AM)lukasamd Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I am going to update this plugin next week.

Thz for your prompt response.

Version 1.5:
- Compatible with MyBB 1.6.5
- Small fix in english locale

Plugin is avaiting validation.
You can download it from first post in this thread.
I have uploaded the inc folder and its files to my root folder. But when I try to access the plugins from admin panel it is showing nothing. I cannot access other plugins also.
I have two suggestions for this addon.

1. Add the blocking of accented characters (ie: é) as an additional option.

2. And/or allow for blocking of repeating characters of three consecutive or more. (This is the more important of the two suggestions.) For example: Mikéé or Mikee would be allowed, however usernames such as Mikééé, Mikeee, eeeeee, or éééééé would be blocked.

I already have a need for this feature, do you think these are viable additions to your plugin?
I have just noticed a really odd situation. While in my ACP, I noticed that this plugin was installed twice (Configuration>Plugins). My Configuration>Settings also listed it twice.

The older one only had seven options and seemed to be using the files that had the plural version of the name (strictUsernames.php instead of strictUsername.php)

The newer one had eight options and used the allow/reject dropdown menu at the top of it's own settings page.

Both of the plugin listings said they were v1.5.

I disabled and uninstalled Strict Usernames from my board. I went so far as to log into my web server via FTP and delete all of the Strict Username plugin install files that I could find (inc/plugin, inc/languages/english, inc/languages/english/admin). I only installed the English files.

The current version (with eight options) was removed, however the older version with seven options still shows up in the board's Configuration>Settings list, but does not show up in the Configuration>Plugin page.

Any ideas on how I can remove this older version of Strict Username?
(2012-02-15, 09:09 PM)mehtuus Wrote: [ -> ]I have two suggestions for this addon.

1. Add the blocking of accented characters (ie: é) as an additional option.

2. And/or allow for blocking of repeating characters of three consecutive or more. (This is the more important of the two suggestions.) For example: Mikéé or Mikee would be allowed, however usernames such as Mikééé, Mikeee, eeeeee, or éééééé would be blocked.

AD1. You can specify a list of characters to block in ACP -> Plugin settings. I only add default list for polish language.

AD2. I will think about it.

(2012-02-15, 09:09 PM)mehtuus Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas on how I can remove this older version of Strict Username?

You should upload old version files, uninstall plugin, remove all plugin files and then, finally, install new version.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5