MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb is the new Vb !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-02-12, 09:46 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want mybb to be the new vb. I've always liked mybb more than mybb and it would also mean mybb going to take the wrong path.

Yee, me too Wink

In all seriousness though, I do kind of hate the vB bashing. True, vB4 wasn't what people hoped for. True, it was (and still is to a degree) a bit buggy. However, this is a common problem with complete refreshes of software if they hacen't had enough time to stress test it. 3.8.x was widely regarded as a very capable piece of software and that fact obviously still holds up today as we can see from the number of sites still using it. Heck, sites are still running 3.7 it was that stable.

However, Internet Brands (the new owners of the vBulletin brand and software)get no such defence from me. It was seeing the new company's mentality to competitors and their lust for money from their customers that brought me back to MyBB. That and the fact that I love the software.

Had vB4 lived up to expectations, I may still have been a vB user still even. But it didn't and I'm not.

So yeah, that's just my two cents. Feel free to start the hating whenever you feel like it.

vB 3.6-3.8 were by far one of the best pieces of software I've ever used. The only reason I switched to MyBB is because the types of forums I run now are different than before. Had I still been running my social forums, vB 3.8 would pretty much beat MyBB in every requirement I would have as an admin and the members would have as users.

I should also mention that vB used to have the best support I've ever seen...
Quote:Me Dec 24th '06 08:07pm
<My question>
Quote:Steve M Dec 24th '06 08:09pm
<Detailed answer>

All the best,
Steve M
Customer Support Manager, vBulletin

vBulletin Home Page
http://www.vbulletin.com/
vBulletin Community Forums
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/
Quote:Me Dec 24th '06 08:14pm
Wow, that was the fastest responce I've ever received. Thank you very much!
Quote:Steve M Dec 24th '06 08:16pm
You're welcome. I would have been faster but I was making myself a sandwich. Wink

All the best,
Steve M
Customer Support Manager, vBulletin

vBulletin Home Page
http://www.vbulletin.com/
vBulletin Community Forums
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/
(2011-02-12, 11:00 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]True, it was (and still is to a degree) a bit buggy. However, this is a common problem with complete refreshes of software if they hacen't had enough time to stress test it.

You'd think that being built upon the 3.8 framework (which it evidently is), they would've improved rather than dun goofed. Take MyBB 1.6 for example - improved, not the other way. IB has no excuse. They had an excellent base to work with. They screwed up.
one is free
one is expensive
(2011-02-12, 11:04 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]vB 3.6-3.8 were by far one of the best pieces of software I've ever used. The only reason I switched to MyBB is because the types of forums I run now are different than before. Had I still been running my social forums, vB 3.8 would pretty much beat MyBB in every requirement I would have as an admin and the members would have as users.

I should also mention that vB used to have the best support I've ever seen...
Lol, that's quite awesome. Also, grr, please respond to my PM.
(2011-02-12, 11:55 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]one is free
one is expensive
Thank you for clarifying.
(2011-02-12, 11:46 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-12, 11:00 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]True, it was (and still is to a degree) a bit buggy. However, this is a common problem with complete refreshes of software if they hacen't had enough time to stress test it.

You'd think that being built upon the 3.8 framework (which it evidently is), they would've improved rather than dun goofed. Take MyBB 1.6 for example - improved, not the other way. IB has no excuse. They had an excellent base to work with. They screwed up.

Yes, yes they did. And I have no idea how they did it so badly if I'm being perfectly honest.
You upload the folder of images to the images folder of your MyBB installation...

Thanks

I believe it has a large amount of users and developers

OK, my error.

(2011-02-13, 11:16 AM)kate Wrote: [ -> ]You upload the folder of images to the images folder of your MyBB installation...

Thanks

I believe it has a large amount of users and developers

OK, my error.

Seems you had multiquote on there Wink
Yea Tom,

New reply is best...or quick reply.
Vbloat vs mybb

I will take mybb anyday of the week....
Pages: 1 2 3 4