MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Market Forums - Join The Market Family
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: logo.png]

Hello people, my name is Ross. The name I use online is "Crayo", though on this forum it's Anxiety as it's my old Username. I created Market Forums in September 2010, but by November I had personal issues and couldn't access internet for months. Turned out the site simply died and we had a really old backup. I didn't want to start up again after losing so much (a custom skin, great tuts, amazing activity etc) but I did in February 2011. Now I have a website with over 600 members and 24k posts. Unfortunately some of those members simply signed up, posted once advertising their product and left which is expected on a market forum anyway. My goal for this forum is to eventually make it the #1 Market Forum on the internet, in regards to sales/buying and trading. Eventually I'd love to expand it offering webmaster support, and other general marketing subjects since I'm a passionate fan of such things.

MyBB I feel is the perfect piece of forum software for my site aswell, as its custom plugins & look/feel is great for a market forum. We are currently on another custom theme created by "The Elite" (Owner of Runegear.net, and a member of this forum) which I personally love. I've changed some of the images he provided and customized the look a bit, hoping to learn more and do more Cool. Our current problem is active posters, it's hard to keep people around I feel these days without them wanting Staff or any other perks, which I can understand. But so far we're coping, and the constant updates are doing good as we're getting more and more signups daily.

My main reason for making this post is for detailed reviews on what's good, and what can improve. No need to flame or anything to get your point across, I can definately take criticism. Another reason is to get a few of you guys to sign up and join the project Rolleyes. No place better to advertise your MyBB forum than Mybb.com itself, and with users who are obviously experienced with MyBB forums. Never enough support around you Smile.

Don't want to bore you, probably wrote too much already but hey ho'.

-Crayo
Pretty decent forum..but may I ask why you have 2 seemingly random subforums for Delphi and Ruby on Rails? I mean I understand they're programming languages...but not nearly as popular as PHP or HTML/CSS or Javascript for Web development. Not sure what your thinking was on that one.
(2011-03-12, 11:52 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty decent forum..but may I ask why you have 2 seemingly random subforums for Delphi and Ruby on Rails? I mean I understand they're programming languages...but not nearly as popular as PHP or HTML/CSS or Javascript for Web development. Not sure what your thinking was on that one.

Yeah sorry I had an Admin who was really into both of them and was going to fill them with tutorials, unfortunately real life shizz forced him to step down. I'll fix those sections now and just merge them into tutorials. Thanks Smile
I knew you were from HF, went to site, saw Se4nH4x on it, left. I hate that guy with a passion, :/. I might check it out later, though. Looks good, clean, simple, good luck Toungue.
(2011-03-13, 09:45 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]I knew you were from HF, went to site, saw Se4nH4x on it, left. I hate that guy with a passion, :/. I might check it out later, though. Looks good, clean, simple, good luck Toungue.

Yeah I'm on HF Smile. And aww shame you're not cool with him, but no worries he's not Staff or anything so there should be no troubles there. Thanks for the review, and the luck Toungue
Never come across Se4nH4x, but I do know Crayo. <3
(2011-03-13, 11:02 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Never come across Se4nH4x, but I do know Crayo. <3

Let's just say he's cocky.
(2011-03-13, 11:02 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Never come across Se4nH4x, but I do know Crayo. <3
Haha hey Smile, don't know if I remember you Shannon :O. You got any other usernames?

(2011-03-13, 11:39 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]Let's just say he's cocky.

Lol he's been okay with me, but don't want to turn this thread off topic Smile

You both should sign up Wink
Yeah, I had Software, Chimi, Gym and php.
(2011-03-13, 12:40 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I had Software, Chimi, Gym and php.

Oh I know you, wooo Smile HeartHeartHeart

Would love to have you on Market Forums bro.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7