MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ChatPC - The place to chat about PC!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm actually a really bad designer and didn't actually design that. If anyone is willing to make me one, I'd be more than happy to accept it.

Thanks for the help again weBex. Also, I'm wondering where your board is? Could you PM me the URL.
Bump, need more activity at my site please.
(2011-03-26, 10:58 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Bump, need more activity at my site please.

This is a Showcase forum, nothing more!!

Your forum is set up wrong. The "PC Discussion" category should be above the "General" category, since that's pretty much what your forum is based on.

Sorry, I was bumping so I could get more people to see my forum, resulting in more activity.. maybe.

I'll move them around and see what it's like, I just think it looks dodgy like that, you always have general before anything else, at least everyone I know does.

How about having the Official forum above PC Discussion and the General forum below PC Discussion?
Quote:resulting in more activity

More activity at your forum? Again, this is a Showcase forum which means you 'show off" your forum...as in how it's designed and set up.

Quote:you always have general before anything else

No you don't...The majority of forums related to what your forum is all about do not have 'general" forums above what their forum is supposedly based upon.
Sorry, they are just beginner errors really. I'm new to this whole webmaster experience, however I'm not completely retarded. I've changed things around, and put PC discussion up top. In future, when I get more forums I will be using the Tabbed Menu plugin, and they will all be in tabs anyway.

Any other feedback, please keep replying, need all the opinions I can get on it.
How many computer forums does the world need?
Not sure Uncontrol, obviously not enough. I know you're disappointed in me, but it's a particular area of interest for me. I believe I can further my knowledge, and I think this is one way to help me.

If you don't like it, don't visit, I know you won't anyway. That's the rule I've always gone by, I don't show particular interest to your site, therefore I never go there.

I will admit, they get repetitive and I'm going to try to find some way to make it unique from the rest. How? I'm unsure of that yet, I'll have to find something that is different or make a custom script or give it some unique content.
Quote:. How? I'm unsure of that yet,

This is something you do before you open your site, not after.
  • The logo is fine in my opinion, simple yet descriptive.
  • Domain is great.
  • The theme looks too much like the default, some color changes aren't going to cut it. I'd suggest you hire a designer. (I know some guys do work for cheap like WB-Dev)
  • Now content. I wouldn't normally suggest this but in your particular situation it will help a lot more. Create multiple "fake" accounts and have a bunch of discussions with yourself. I think it looks really cheesy when you visit a forum and 99% of the threads were started by the admin.
  • I'm actually going to steal this bit of advice from Labrocca, but I have found this extremely useful. Instead of using threads with information, (Such as rules) use the help documents. They support HTML, easy to edit, and will probably make more sense to your members. The way I have it setup on my site is all of the information goes in the help docs, then I have an announcement that contains links to the most important documents.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6