MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ChatPC - The place to chat about PC!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Not really Uncontrol, because then I would be thinking for ages and nothing would ever get done. I'm not gonna sit here and argue about something I can do to make my site unique from other sites.

pyridine, thanks for the feedback. The logo wasn't done by me, but I like it. The theme, it was done by me and obviously it's not the greatest but it will cut it for now, I don't have the money to hire a designer by any means. For posting, I will make a few accounts and start posting soon, not sure it's the best method, but I can only try.

Now, the help documents, I've really thought about writing out a whole bunch of rules etc in the Help Docs, but I don't really know what to cover. Unless I start small, and constantly add to it a long the way, as I get more and more rules based on what is happening at the forum at the time. That's all I can really think to do there.

Again, thanks for the feedback, I'm going to continue working hard on this and let's just hope I succeed and don't give up like I've done previously.
(2011-03-28, 05:15 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Not really Uncontrol, because then I would be thinking for ages and nothing would ever get done. I'm not gonna sit here and argue about something I can do to make my site unique from other sites.

Yeah, why bother discussing what is arguably the most important part of creating a website? If you have nothing to draw people in versus other sites, how do you expect any level of success at all?

If you can't somehow manage to create an idea and execute without it taking an eternity, that's a problem with you and you should address it, not use it as an excuse for your lack of originality.

Seriously, what happened to the Showcase? It used to be full of good sites, now it's just a bunch of wannabe tech/web/admin forums run by people with more excuses than ideas.
I can't help that you think you know it all, I'm sorry. Anyone else wants to visit feel free to leave feedback.
I don't "know it all", but I know enough to give meaningful feedback. However, you don't need to know much of anything to know that you come up with an idea before the execution, not after.
You act as though you do, and just because of that I'm going to go by that. Not everything is always done before executed, just leave me be.
Getting more members, hopefully people can help out here! Might introduce awards soon!
Offtopic: You can't have an animated signature
Sorry, I did not know. I will change it immediately. Civil Engineer: I've seen you give good feedback, how about some on mine? Smile
Two new plugins have been added, forum is getting there! If anyone can design a set of buttons to suit the theme, I'd love that!
I personally abhor those stupid hover ads.

And if you were trying to promote your host, the link is broken.

When I hear the word 'chat', I think of somewhere people come together in a real time chat room of some sort and converse. Any thoughts about that?

Also, here's some buttons:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/blue-postbit-buttons
http://mods.mybb.com/view/light-blue-but...r-mybb-1-6
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6