MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ChatPC - The place to chat about PC!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
No there aren't. There aren't any text link ads, not on my end anyway. You might need to clear your cache, Uncontrol.

I also added a blog subdomain to the site for reviews, tutorials and any other advice to be posted at. It will also be posted on the forum.
I'd take a screenshot but your site isn't loading at all now.
(2011-04-08, 12:07 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I'd take a screenshot but your site isn't loading at all now.

Same here to connection is very slow, I guess it's a web hosting server issue.
The server at chatpc.net is taking too long to respond.
Your theme isn't too great, but that's the least of your worries right now. The main issue I see is that your only at 17 members and 205 posts and you've already embedded infolinks horrid text hover ads, You shouldn't use ads til your forum has better statistics.
^ I mentioned that. It's horrible and definitely would deter me from joining if I wanted to.
I thought I had them removed, at least on my end there is nothing there. I'm not sure if it's a cache issue or whatever, but I certainly can't see them.

I think I have fixed the Infolinks issue, at least I think so. Can I get some feedback whether they are gone or not yet?
(2011-04-08, 03:45 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I had them removed, at least on my end there is nothing there. I'm not sure if it's a cache issue or whatever, but I certainly can't see them.

I think I have fixed the Infolinks issue, at least I think so. Can I get some feedback whether they are gone or not yet?

They're gone, yahoo.
Finally, I might even get more traffic because of that. I actually wasn't aware they were there as I am always logged on. They seemed to be only displaying to guests so I assumed there was some sort of cache issue. I then remembered I had a plugin to manage my ads and I had the Infolinks link embedded in it, only to be displayed to guests. After removal of that plugin, the text ad links were gone.

Sorry for that guys, glad I got it resolved however. Would love some more input on the site too. Need to know what unique stuff I can add, might add in awards later today.
(2011-04-08, 05:28 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, I might even get more traffic because of that. I actually wasn't aware they were there as I am always logged on. They seemed to be only displaying to guests so I assumed there was some sort of cache issue. I then remembered I had a plugin to manage my ads and I had the Infolinks link embedded in it, only to be displayed to guests. After removal of that plugin, the text ad links were gone.

Sorry for that guys, glad I got it resolved however. Would love some more input on the site too. Need to know what unique stuff I can add, might add in awards later today.

Try adding a link to the blog in the header. And perhaps making the blog using the XThreads plugin would be better: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=297
You can see a demo on my forum. As you will also see as you visit the home page, I have configured a redirect to the portal which also shows off the blog posts.

Other applications of XThreads are here: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=559

I suggest you go through them and see what you might add, it's a powerful plugin Smile
Added a few new plugins, including awards and Google SEO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6