MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyVids - a Video/Media gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
You forgot to close it?
(2011-03-29, 12:51 AM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]You forgot to close it?

LOL, the page timed out on me when I was closing it.

Closed now. Wink
Re-opened on request
Haha, thanks G33K Wink Sorry about that, just had to sort some things out.

Basically, the plugin will be an open beta to everybody, but the gold release (with all the features), will be a MyBBSource exclusive.
I'm really near to releasing the public beta of this now. I have one tiny thing that needs fixing yet and the MyBB Source team need to check that I haven't missed anything before I open it up. The current features are as follows:
  • Full video searching
  • Video/media adding via both embed (limited number of sites for the beta) and upload
  • Full video commenting with AJAX support for comment pagination and adding
  • Video and comment administration via the ACP
  • User profile integration (show how many videos and comments submitted by the user)

So yeah, most features are in there with only a few missed. For example, the beta doesn't support Music files, but the final Source exclusive will. It does support images, but they display in the video player in the beta too.
Big Grin Question, will the beta be upgrade to the full version?
The free version will be released here with a few features missing (eg: a few embed sites not available and some other small things) and no promise of instant support. The full version will be released at MyBBSource costing 6 mybux (as per any mod there) and will get full support via PMs and the release thread. So basically, you can get it anywhere, but the MyBBSource edition is best Toungue
Also, I hope to release the beta tonight/tomorrow. I have a couple of things to work on (namely fall-backs for those with JS disabled - I was only just alerted to this kind of problem and without JS, comment editing just doesn't work). If I can get it out tonight, I will.
wow this looks really cool.
Check out the version 1 release thread then Smile It's here in the same forum: http://community.mybb.com/thread-92876.html
(2011-03-28, 07:12 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]This just killed one need for Xthreads.
From the current version of this plugin, I don't see it being the case. XThreads still has significantly more functionality. Whether or not you need them is another story, but I don't see how this kills XThreads being used for a video gallery.
I also don't see it ever happening either. The more features being added to a separate plugin, the more one will find how similar it is to MyBB - eg, adding ratings system, report feature, unapproving comments/posts etc. Where a seperate plugin would ultimately duplicate a lot of code, XThreads is based on the assumption of code reuse.

(2011-03-28, 07:34 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]XThreads does make a good video gallery, but I'd seen a few requests for one with more features Smile
I'm willing to at least consider all suggestions made to me - if you were willing to send them to me that is.
However, if you're interested in developing your own script regardless, then I suppose you wouldn't.

Looking at your current release, I don't quite see anything XThreads cannot already do. The only real advantage I currently see is it requiring less setup effort from the admin, but this is nonetheless an advantage I guess.
Thanks for the release and good luck on completing your project.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5