MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Crystalshire v1.5.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-04-02, 05:29 PM)RobinP Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-02, 05:02 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Justin really did a great job with your skin, everything looks perfect!

Not quite sure what you mean. Justin isn't working on my website, that's all my own work. I simply based it upon his 'Apart' theme, hence the credits.

Oops, sorry I missed the "based on a theme" part haha, good job anyhow.
Wow! Nice work on the theme! I really didn't recognise Apart at all.
I think you did a really awesome job on the theme, everything is very fresh and original looking. I was disappointed to see that almost none of the links work, so I couldn't find out anything about your game really. I think launching your site with such little content is a bad idea. People who see that there's nothing there won't be likely to come back.
(2011-04-02, 06:04 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I think you did a really awesome job on the theme, everything is very fresh and original looking. I was disappointed to see that almost none of the links work, so I couldn't find out anything about your game really. I think launching your site with such little content is a bad idea. People who see that there's nothing there won't be likely to come back.

At this stage and the content the site is about it will have very little effect on his potential community.
(2011-04-02, 06:04 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I think you did a really awesome job on the theme, everything is very fresh and original looking. I was disappointed to see that almost none of the links work, so I couldn't find out anything about your game really. I think launching your site with such little content is a bad idea. People who see that there's nothing there won't be likely to come back.

I've just finished up a system which allows me to save site content pages in the database through the AdminCP which can then be called through the custom templates and correctly parsed for MyCode and the like. Took me a while to get my head around things as my PHP knowledge is next to nothing. Now it's in place I can easily write up the individual page content and get it all up.

Also, I've yet to advertise it anywhere. The only places it's been posted are a couple of game development forums (one of which I own), and any thread I make has all the game information, screenshots etc. as a part of the post. The only reason this thread is different is because I originally didn't think anyone would be interested in the game and I was simply looking for feedback regarding the markup. The game itself is under two weeks old. I know as much as anyone does that getting something completed and released as soon as possible is important, but there is a limit on how fast I can work. xD

Jeez, I ramble far too much. Basically I'm saying that I agree, but at the same time there isn't any traffic coming in to the site for my lack of content to scare away.

Having at least a forum up was a priority as I was basically dealing with all feedback, support issues etc. through various different communities, threads and PM systems.

Now the site content management system has been finished I can whizz ahead with actually filling it with juicy content.
Well, I'd like to see the game, so I'll check back later haha
Very nice work for a php newbie Smile

Prehaps a bit more time could be spent on the footer which looks a bit plain. If thats something you want to keep the same I believe it loosk better if the mybb copyright has the text aligned to the right.
(2011-04-02, 06:30 PM)theassassino Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice work for a php newbie Smile

Prehaps a bit more time could be spent on the footer which looks a bit plain. If thats something you want to keep the same I believe it loosk better if the mybb copyright has the text aligned to the right.

We actually designed it so it would have an image spread across the bottom similar to how we did the header. I haven't found a way of doing this in CSS yet so it's on hold till I get some more time to research ways of having a footer image.
Okay, finally finished that damn content system. My complete lack of experience with MySQL queries meant that it took me quite a while to get the correct query structure both in the AdminCP and in the function which returns the site content blocks.

I now have an array of content blocks which I can call in the template files which will simply dump MyCode parsed content. I'm quite proud of it seen as though it is my first time using PHP in conjunction with MySQL.

I wrote up some content for the different pages. As of right now the only pages populated with real content are the 'Downloads' and 'Screenshots' pages, as they're the most important. I've added header banners to each page and put some place holder text on the others in the mean time, however.

You can find the updated pages by going to the website and using the navigation bar manually, or by click these links;
Downloads: http://www.crystalshire.com/downloads.php
Screenshots: http://www.crystalshire.com/screenshots.php

Here are the screenshots of the pages. Click on the thumbnails to see the full images.

[Image: phvTC.png] [Image: 02Nkj.png]
Man looks like fun. Is this RPG Maker or something?

Too bad Windows only Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4