MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Crystalshire v1.5.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-04-04, 02:11 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Man looks like fun. Is this RPG Maker or something?

Too bad Windows only Sad

No, it's an engine I programmed myself. I'll probably create a multi-platform client in Java eventually.
Wow, very impressive! This is one of the most promising MyBB projects in a long time.
(2011-04-04, 02:56 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, very impressive! This is one of the most promising MyBB projects in a long time.

Agreed.

This site is reeking in potential. You seem pretty adept enough to stay grounded and keep the project going strong. Great job on the theme and the general look about the site. I wish you good luck sir Toungue
Really nice indeed. Sadly RPG games aren't my favourite, but still, good luck! Smile
(2011-04-04, 02:56 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, very impressive! This is one of the most promising MyBB projects in a long time.

^This is the greatest compliment I've ever seen in the showcase section, and coming from Brad, you did real good. Apart from the game freezing on me, I like it. =D
I did a little scouting on here to get a small idea of what to post before I actually made the thread and saw as much. I appreciate all the compliments and I'm glad people like my work.

I've finally got all the components to start acting the way I wanted. Still requires quite a hefty dollop of polish but I don't think I need to do any more huge overhauls to the layout.

Going to take a break from it and concentrate on releasing some new features & content in the game, then I'll come back to the website with a fresh mind and a fresh eye ready to start ironing out all the imperfections.
Beautiful work! One of the best I've seen. Not just the great graphics you have, but also the colors and general look of the forum. Your forum colors gives a very rich look that goes with the rest of the site.

I'm going to nitpick one thing. Your site is so consistent in its great design that the use of bluish post activity icons are out of place.

But overall, excellent job.
Great work, I am really impressed with this. I wish you the best of luck on your site!
This has got to be one of the best, if not the best, MyBB forums out there. I am hugely impressed Smile
Got to be a good game to have such a cool looking forum with it. I'm not a huge fan of anime-looking things but I think I would try this out.

You did an excellent job on it Smile
Okay, had quite a long break from working on the site. Released a load of new game.. stuff and also started work stockpiling new graphics, music and sound effects to help out the game developers. I'm working closely with my maths guys to get together a very solid game design system/philosophy which should still work through the scaling which occurs when a new level cap is released.

Although I'll be spending a bit more time working on the game, I really want to get stuck in to finishing up the remaining details on the site. Now I've had it rest a while and taken a break from it, I think I've noticed all the things which need to be changed.

For now the main one I want to concentrate on is the jQuery stuff. I want to replace the 'Cheshire Chase' banner with a jQuery scrolly banner which has 4 or 5 updates on it with graphical representations. It'll automatically scroll through and should give the website a bit more of an 'interactive' feel. Something similar to how World of Warcraft and Runescape have it.

As well as that I want a media viewing system. I think most respectable sites have one now-a-days, but one of those systems where the page fades out and you get the image/video popping up in the centre? I want one of those. Obviously it's quite hard for a web developer newbie like me to articulate what I want to happen, but I'm used to researching systems and solutions to my problems myself, so I should get it all done... eventually.

In the mean time I added a small trailer/gameplay video.

[Image: video_prev.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4