MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Crystalshire v1.5.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
jQuery image slider and Lightbox is all you're looking for.
If you need any help setting either of those up, feel free to send me a PM.

Other than that, I love the theme, and the site in general. I'm not a fan of RPGs but it looks to me like you have something good going for you Smile
All i got to say is AMAZING! I'm already playing :]
Huge, huge thanks to everyone who offered me suggestions and support for the banner cycling system via PM. I went through all the suggestions I got but ended up going with something very simple I found during my regular Googling sessions. I'll probably change to something with all those fancy options later on but I wanted something simple and low-maintenance in the mean time.

[Image: WHhYT.png]

Please try and ignore the generic banners for now. They're just there as placeholders till we get some solid designs down. I covered up a lot of them with faces to try and draw attention away from my terrible graphical work. Don't expect it to be quite so crowded when it's complete.

Going to go through all the suggestions I've had for the image gallery system I mentioned and set one of those up on the screenshots page. Once again, thanks for all the suggestions!

Oh, and I finished integrating myBB with the game engine. You now log on to the game using your crystalshire.com account. Huge thanks to all those who posted various titbits about the password hashing. Was a huge help when I was creating the account authentication functions.
Updated the OP with actual game information.

Been a hectic few months but I've finally got around to releasing a huge array of updates over the last few weeks.

The community has completely exploded recently clocking in at around 4,000 members. Although only a 1/10th of the size of the other communities I host (using other forum software packages) having to learn how to effectively administrate with MyBB has certainly been an experience. I'd say about half the community is made up of bots or people who registered and never played the game.

I actually integrated the website with the game server so you log on with the account you make on the forums. When you first log on to the game a flat-file game account is created and linked to your forum account. We have ~4,000 forum accounts and only ~2,000 game accounts, so someone has been throwing the figures off. ;]

Anyway, came back here to look around for some solutions to help ease the process of deleting bots and noticed I hadn't updated this thread in months, so thought I'd come bump it up with some new information.

The website itself will be going through a fairly big re-design process before Christmas which will fully mirror the game content in to the MySQL database. This'll give me the data needed to make a few nice scripts such as a bestiary, item database, library etc. as well as make some dynamic character signatures and other fun stuff. I'll also be scripting up a custom screenshot gallery which'll make it easier for me to show off the game to potential players.
(2011-10-02, 06:10 AM)RobinP Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, came back here to look around for some solutions to help ease the process of deleting bots
We're introducing Spam Ninja in MyBB 1.6.5. Spam Ninja is quite simply the ultimate anti-spam tool. It includes all kinds of techniques to prevent bots from registering, as well as a hassle-free way of pruning spam (if they ever get past the registration) and analyzing tools.

In the meantime, there are a number of useful plugins that can help. Some of them will even be in Spam Ninja. I made a little list some time ago, you might want to check that out:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99893-p...#pid728686
(2011-10-02, 09:16 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]We're introducing Spam Ninja in MyBB 1.6.5. Spam Ninja is quite simply the ultimate anti-spam tool. It includes all kinds of techniques to prevent bots from registering, as well as a hassle-free way of pruning spam (if they ever get past the registration) and analyzing tools.

In the meantime, there are a number of useful plugins that can help. Some of them will even be in Spam Ninja. I made a little list some time ago, you might want to check that out:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99893-p...#pid728686

Wow, that's some awesome information right there. I'll get to work installing them. Looking forward to v1.6.5. :]
Version 1.5.5 brings in a whole host of things to try and make your experience on Crystalshire as comfortable as possible.

Resolution selection has been brought in so people with all monitor sizes can enjoy the game. The current list has the main industry standard sizes, but I'll add more as time goes by. Keep in mind that due to a few restrictions in the engine you can only change resolution on the fly whilst running in windowed mode. If you want to change the resolution whilst in fullscreen mode you'll need to make a selection then re-start the game. The same is true for switching between fullscreen and windowed mode.

Oh, and on that note I brought in fullscreen mode as well.

I also made it so you can select your DirectX rendering style in the options screen. This is important for people who have a very low FPS due to their poor graphics card. Running in 'Software' more should give you a hefty boost. At the moment I can only really get enough feedback from your machine to determine whether you can run in hardware mode or not. This doesn't really work well for people who can run the game with hardware acceleration but can't do it well. I'll probably bring in some sort of benchmark system which I can use to determine the best mode for each player.

I also made it so you can access the escape menu from the main menu so you can change your settings before you log in.

Here is the full changelog:

• New options screen.
• Can now access options in menu.
• Can now select game resolution.
• Can now select rendering mode.
• Added fullscreen support.
• Created combobox window control.
• Walking will now cancel a spell casting.
• Can no longer accept requests from players who logged out.
• Health updates are now sent properly.
• New options database system.
• Can no longer save password due to security.
Pages: 1 2 3 4