MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very High Memory Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thank you! I'll try all of these suggestions and let you know how it works.
i can't install memcache as I am using suPHP so PHP is per request, nothing to cache.

however, I changed to 'files' based cache from 'db' and immediately saw faster response times. slightly higher loads, but I am still not using swap memory (okay, 88kb, but that is nothing).
I'm going through and clearing custom permissions for each usergroup on dozens of forums. Is there a faster way to do clear all custom permissions in a forum?
other than deleting records directly from the forumpermissions table? not really. if you do that, you need to rebuild the forumpermissions cache.

i would delete by usergroup and leave the admin permissions in tact, then go back to the ACP and set them up again.
Ah, I see. Thank you.

Right now, I'm just working through the archived (hidden) forums. Still not quite ready to delete all permissions.
(2011-05-03, 05:32 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]1. Set all regular members who are not admins or superadmins into regular usergroup.
2. Set all your special groups as secondary additional groups.
3. Alter all special groups to have default no permissions by editing user Groups in admincp. Uncheck all the default options like "Can View Posts" and stuff.
4. Go into the forums where you plan to give special access and implicitly allow access with a Custom Permission.

So, I tried doing this but it didn't work quite right. Whenever I uncheck the default options in the group settings, these users are unable to view/post/etc. even with custom permissions giving them implicit access to certain forums.

What am I doing wrong?
Also, new usergroups default to have viewing permissions everywhere.

Matt, if you're still following this thread, I'd be interested in a plugin to default all groups to no visibility.
Bump for Matt, if he has more time in the coming weeks. Smile
Hi, again. Smile
Promise I haven't forgotten about this, it's still in the back of my mind. Really haven't had much free time over the last few weeks, but I will get round to this.
Bump. We're still running really slow.
Mind linking me to the website? I can provide some help with the usergroups if others haven't been able to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8