MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Tailor - New MyBB Theme Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: mybbtailor.png]

Hey,

I've just setup a new community at my new site, MyBB Tailor. The site has my own custom design and on it I will be releasing themes for use with MyBB. I plan to release most if not all of the themes I make for free so look out for releases in the future!

I hope to see you there,
Clarkie

EDIT: As this is a new site things will be changing frequently in the near future. The theme will not be one of those!
Nice Smile however you have:
Users are responsible for content posted by themselves
twice in you footer Wink
Looks okay. I don't like the theme that much though.
I quite like the theme, the thing I don't like is the flashing writing in the header, it would drive me away from the site within a minute, so it might do other viewers heads in and force them to leave. Either have it static or not at all, just my thoughts.
Theme is really confusing on first glance, as the "last post" isn't really clearly a last post, the category shouldn't have an empty row under it, you have menu icons with no text (and two calendar icons?), an "up" arrow to indicate registration (what?), an animated header (noooo), and buttons very close to the default ...

I think we should expect more than this from sites that are supposed to be about custom themes. Seriously.

Also, you launched a theming site with no themes available to download ...
I like your theme, overall. Nice crisp look. I'm not sure the header icons go with it though. But not bad.

Look at your postbit, though. It looks like avatar links are broken.
Hey bro Congratz. Nice forum, will register soon Big Grin
Good luck with it!!
Thanks for your constructive feedback. I'll take some of your suggestions on board.

(2011-05-10, 11:16 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Also, you launched a theming site with no themes available to download ...

It's not really launched yet... it's live but I'm not working on it properly until my exams are over.
(2011-05-11, 07:32 AM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]Look at your postbit, though. It looks like avatar links are broken.

Yes I noticed that - I need to find the files and upload them.

(2011-05-10, 11:16 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]The "last post" isn't really clearly a last post
Fixed - although common sense would solve this.

(2011-05-10, 11:16 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]The category shouldn't have an empty row under it.
There is not a specific should or shouldn't. It's a matter of a opinion.

(2011-05-10, 11:16 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]You have menu icons with no text (and two calendar icons?)
That's how I want them. It should be fairly obvious. As for two calendars - I agree with that and the current time one has been removed.

(2011-05-10, 11:16 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]an "up" arrow to indicate registration (what?)
Do I need text saying "apply some common sense"? There's two buttons a login and a sign up.

(2011-05-10, 11:16 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]animated header (noooo)
I wasn't sure whether I wanted it there or not - I've looked back and agree this is unnecessary.

(2011-05-10, 11:16 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]buttons very close to the default
They're recoloured versions of the default. I like the default buttons so I chose to use them.

(2011-05-10, 11:16 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should expect more than this from sites that are supposed to be about custom themes. Seriously.
Hmm thanks? You're really inspiring.
Quote:Do I need text saying "apply some common sense"?

Since when is an arrow pointing up a universally accepted icon for registration? It's usually used to indicate to go to the top of the page; however, since it's already at the top of the page, it's confusing. I clicked it because I honestly wasn't sure what would happen if I did.

Quote:Fixed - although common sense would solve this.

I guess for people who are already familiar with MyBB -- your target market -- it's probably quite clear. However, it was an unnecessary element of confusion and you should always design with clarity in mind.

Quote:That's how I want them. It should be fairly obvious.

They mostly are (though a flag for help? The usual icon is a ?)

What is common sense for you doesn't really apply. Of course you know what it means; you designed it.

Quote:There is not a specific should or shouldn't. It's a matter of a opinion.

Well, displaying an empty table cell is weird, but whatever.

Quote:They're recoloured versions of the default. I like the default buttons so I chose to use them.

Yeah, OK. They don't look bad, but that isn't the point. If you're distributing custom themes you should be doing whatever you can to make your forum look less like the default theme. If people want the default theme, they're not looking for you.

Quote:It's not really launched yet... it's live but I'm not working on it properly until my exams are over.

It's live, it's public, and you're promoting it here. That sounds like launched to me.
(2011-05-11, 05:47 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Do I need text saying "apply some common sense"?

Since when is an arrow pointing up a universally accepted icon for registration? It's usually used to indicate to go to the top of the page; however, since it's already at the top of the page, it's confusing. I clicked it because I honestly wasn't sure what would happen if I did.
I've seen that sort of icon used as Sign Up many times before. If you think about it as sign up it's fairly obvious - I guess MyBB users are used to "Registration"... Have you got any suggestions what would be a better icon?

Quote:Fixed - although common sense would solve this.

I guess for people who are already familiar with MyBB -- your target market -- it's probably quite clear. However, it was an unnecessary element of confusion and you should always design with clarity in mind.
What exactly confused you though, just the fact there's not much text in the header - it's all images?

Quote:That's how I want them. It should be fairly obvious.

They mostly are (though a flag for help? The usual icon is a ?)

What is common sense for you doesn't really apply. Of course you know what it means; you designed it.
It was the closest to a help icon lol. If I manage to improve my skills I won't be relying on other people's images quite as much. Wink

Quote:There is not a specific should or shouldn't. It's a matter of a opinion.

Well, displaying an empty table cell is weird, but whatever.
I couldn't figure out a way to do it without that. I'll probably look into it more at some point but for now it'll do. Smile

Quote:They're recoloured versions of the default. I like the default buttons so I chose to use them.

Yeah, OK. They don't look bad, but that isn't the point. If you're distributing custom themes you should be doing whatever you can to make your forum look less like the default theme. If people want the default theme, they're not looking for you.
I'll take that into consideration although people aren't going to judge the forum off the images which aren't even on the first page are they? Toungue

Quote:It's not really launched yet... it's live but I'm not working on it properly until my exams are over.

It's live, it's public, and you're promoting it here. That sounds like launched to me.

I see what you mean but I'm not advertising it a huge amount yet - I'm just posting a few threads around. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3