MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Damn ISPs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I hate ISPs >_>...

I'm on orange (-.-) broadband, and they are terrible.

1. I get a "free" router (its a Netgear DGN1000 Wireless-N) and im tihnking "Great, a Wireless-N router to replace my old NG DG834G". No. The damn thing comes with Orange's custom firmware, that ISN'T downgradeable. Normally that would be fine, but considering it drops connection ALL the time, and Netgear released an official Firmware patch to fix this, I cant get this new patch because Orange happened to have named their FW "V2.1.00.37_RG" and Netgear's official patch is "1.1.xx.xx" (so the router see's it as an older firmware - and wont allow you to install it).

2. Ok, so i guess i can put up with a bit of connection drop. I'll mess around with a few settings. Maybe its only set at mixed g & b mode. So, I head to the config page and see it is in fact in mixed g &b mode. Click the drop-down and the ONLY option is "g & b". Isn't this a wireless-N router? Maybe it's forgotten that...

Im fairly annoyed...

/rant
I've been with Orange Broadband for 11 years now (back when they were called Freeserve and Wanadoo) and have never had any of the problems you have. I never got a router sent from them though: I just bought my own.

A typical day would have the following speeds for me:
[Image: 1294654464.png]

When Virgin Media come up to where I live, I'll likely be going for them (even though I haven't had any issues with Orange)
I'm with sky using their router and hardly ever loose connection.
Orange have THE MOST USELESS SUPPORT EVER too... You just get transferred to a call center in India, where they read a script to you, guiding you through checking whether you are actually having a problem connecting - as if you are lying and actually have no problem -.-

They seem to be unable to comprehend any answer other than "yes" or "no", and don't even know what firmware is...
I've only needed to use their email support once. I don't do phone calls as I don't see the point.
Its really hard to get your problem across when you are emailing. You never get chance to talk to a supervisor Toungue
Move to BT

That's all I've gotta say.
Virgin media is very bad imho.

[Image: 1294676727.png]
(2011-05-13, 06:32 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]Move to BT

That's all I've gotta say.

Unfortunately its not my decision Toungue We get good priced calls from Orange so my mum wont let us change Sad
couldn't agree with you more! I've also been with orange since before it became "orange" and they used to be alright(ish) but now i hate them. My exchange can only handle 8meg so i guess that's where part of the problem came from, but, it doesn't explain the < 1meg speeds i've been getting up until a couple of months ago.

And connection dropping, ugh, you should try playing on xbox live with my connection... every what? 10 mins?
Pages: 1 2 3