MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why your forum is failing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-05-23, 06:10 PM)Camo Wrote: [ -> ]Dam nice site, Jessie ! Everything I wanted to know was right there just one click away. Even the add got my attention!
(2011-05-23, 06:09 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-23, 03:52 PM)Camo Wrote: [ -> ]The primary target is their parents, through the child, and yes, the marketing agencies employ other agencies to discover new ways to entice children to behave in a manner that will achieve that result.

No the target is the child! Just because the parent buys it doesn't mean they are the target audience as it's not a product for them. In less the tow says safe, will teach your kid to read, and be #1 in school through out class is on a shelf at about the 5 and half foot range the child is the target.
We can go round and round about this, Alex, so let me ask; to whom is Victoria Secrets adds targeted to, beautiful girls like in the add's or a much older generation of women (and men) that still have a dream?
.....and with the child, who has the ability to purchase the product ? The child ?

Just because the child isn't purchasing the product doesn't mean that they aren't the target.
LOL. Because the child isn't purchasing the toy, they aren't the target audience? So... what you're saying is... 20 something year old people LIKE to play with little toy robots? Just because the parents are buying it, doesn't make them the target audience.

And also, I'm not going to make my site easier for senior citizens and or people that don't know how to use the interwebz. If I place step by step instructions on my site on how to make a post, it makes it seem like I think the members are idiots.

If you want to use my site, but don't know how to use the internet, I'll give you some links to guides, but you have to go learn your self then come back.
mmm, I like this post, very helpful really, this will help new users to be realistic (users like me) and master users to go down from heaven.(<--don't know if you understand, sorry :p)
i agree entirely with the original post. very well said.
I'm sorry to hear that you have no time to make your site a little more user friendly. Could it be that your ability has reached it's summit ? or that you have no vision. As I write this there are thousands of sites like yours that are improved daily to compete in an emerging world market. Realise this. Advertising is a multi layered system. Everything you see, touch, eat, and feel has been programmed into you through advertising. Do you remember the ''Computer for Genius'' adds that ran in a few countries in Europe but mostly ran in Japan and South east Asia before the internet became public. Every parent that saw those adds just knew it was their little genius child. Our primary target was the local government through the child, through the parent and then through the teachers. It was the local government that had the funds as they bought the computers to be distributed to the school districts. Even the music had it's own target. Our only true interest was the government, the only real target.
My advise to you.....Step out of that box you are in and open your eyes, you have the ability, find some vision .
(2011-05-24, 01:53 AM)Camo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry to hear that you have no time to make your site a little more user friendly.

Where do you draw the line between user friendly and internet-handicap-accessible?
Hearing you guys argue about who toy companies market to is hilarious.

(By the way, we market to parents in the case of pre-school items, and to the kids for ages 7-8+)

But go ahead Camo, continue to pretend to be an expert. I'm sure you know better than people who actually work in that industry.

My site is a website for Japanese fashion fans that aren't inside of Japan. I speak English, and most of the international community for Japanese fashion speak some level of English. It's ridiculous for you to say I should target people whom it would not be effective for me to target, and whom I cannot effectively target in the first place. You can't build much of a "community" with everyone speaking different languages.

For the record, I have expanded before when there was demand. When I ran worldbeyblade.org I opened several international language forums and they're still doing that over there.

Let's see your site Camo! You sound like a real pro! Big Grin
The question should be... What percentage of revenue am I willing to sacrifice because I only feel comfortable dealing with persons of my own culture, that soon will have the same ability as my self and will some day surpass my wildest dreams ?
Good question !
(2011-05-24, 02:46 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing you guys argue about who toy companies market to is hilarious.

(By the way, we market to parents in the case of pre-school items, and to the kids for ages 7-8+)

But go ahead Camo, continue to pretend to be an expert. I'm sure you know better than people who actually work in that industry.

My site is a website for Japanese fashion fans that aren't inside of Japan. I speak English, and most of the international community for Japanese fashion speak some level of English. It's ridiculous for you to say I should target people whom it would not be effective for me to target, and whom I cannot effectively target in the first place. You can't build much of a "community" with everyone speaking different languages.

For the record, I have expanded before when there was demand. When I ran worldbeyblade.org I opened several international language forums and they're still doing that over there.

Let's see your site Camo! You sound like a real pro! Big Grin
That is because I'm a social engineer, just data mining this forum for a new software product to be released next March and English is not my first language. Every statement that I have made is from a social perspective. I am truly happy to see your pride in your work .When you find ,some day, that the earth is not flat, please remember that you are not in it's centre, for that matter, you have not yet scratched the surface.
(2011-05-24, 02:48 AM)Camo Wrote: [ -> ]The question should be... What percentage of revenue am I willing to sacrifice because I only feel comfortable dealing with persons of my own culture, that soon will have the same ability as my self and will some day surpass my wildest dreams ?
Good question !
That is because I'm a social engineer, just data mining this forum for a new software product to be released next March and English is not my first language. Every statement that I have made is from a social perspective. I am truly happy to see your pride in your work .When you find ,some day, that the earth is not flat, please remember that you are not in it's centre, for that matter, you have not yet scratched the surface.

I currently run a RuneScape forum which can be found in the signature. I strongly believe that if all of a sudden I aim the forum at Halo fan (for example), my forum will not expand. Your statement of aiming a forum at everyone implies that every forum should be a general discussion forum. If every forum was like this, then none would succeed except maybe one or two (the largest forums at the moment).

Who goes to get an orange but in return gets an apple?
Does anyone here understand what this guy's point is?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6