MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with Moderated By:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-05-20, 08:44 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-20, 08:41 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-20, 06:09 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Upload the attached plugn file in ./inc/plugins/ folder.
<snipped attachment>

In future please check and make sure that the licence of the plugin allows you to distribute a modified copy of the plugin without the permission of the author.

I'm not distributing. It considered distributing only when I post it on my forum.

According to your logic, I can download one of your subscriber plugin and attach it to a post here for others to download and it would be fine because I'm not posting it on my forum?? Dodgy
If you post it on any where else then it would considered as Distributing. Since Username Style plugin is found on this website so posting its modified copy here (and Not claiming it as mien) is fine for me I guess.
(2011-05-20, 08:58 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you post it on any where else then it would considered as Distributing. Since Username Style plugin is found on this website so posting its modified copy here (and Not claiming it as mien) is fine for me I guess.

Your logic escapes me but I want to let you know that you can not do that. Why else do you think there are so many dead plugins that the authors have abandoned that other users can't take up and post their updated versions?

I don't want to derail this thread any further, you can PM me if you want to discuss what you consider distributing.
(2011-05-20, 08:58 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you post it on any where else then it would considered as Distributing. Since Username Style plugin is found on this website so posting its modified copy here (and Not claiming it as mien) is fine for me I guess.

Doesn't quite work like that... posting it somewhere else other than where it's available for download (i.e. the Mods ste) is distributing it, that term is not restricted to only other domains. For example, if I downloaded one of your paid plugins from your site, and uploaded it as an attachment somewhere else in your forum, where everybody could download it, that's not going to be OK simply because it's still on your site; that's the logic you're using, it's somehow OK if it's on the same site, it's not.
(2011-05-20, 09:06 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

Doesn't quite work like that... posting it somewhere else other than where it's available for download (i.e. the Mods ste) is distributing it, that term is not restricted to only other domains. For example, if I downloaded one of your paid plugins from your site, and uploaded it as an attachment somewhere else in your forum, where everybody could download it, that's not going to be OK simply because it's still on your site; that's the logic you're using, it's somehow OK if it's on the same site, it's not.

Alright, that's a better explanation. I thought its fine (because I didn't noticed this before).

Many thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4