MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: High CPU Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You have 287.6M of indexes, so set the key_buffer to 300mb if you have the ram to do it.
Do you have a php opcode cache installed? (APC, eAccelerator, xCache) If not, install one.

Are you using lighttpd or apache?
Apache, and i'm using eAccelerator.

I'cant believe my vps can't run my forum smoothly.
SAS HDD, 2GB(max 4) dedi ram, 4 cpu cores, etc...
Sad
I bet, there's something with mybb...
There's some popular forums on my board, where very hard to enter, bacause the high number of threads/posts. I think those forums are generate the high load.
Except these forums, my board is super fast everywhere (at high load too).

forumdisplay:
Generated in 3.3726420 seconds (2.04% PHP / 97.96% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 31 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0901380 / Memory Usage: 5 MB
PHP version: 5.2.17 / Server Load: 2.42 / GZip Compression: Enabled
bump. Sad
Anyone?
After ten days, here's another bump!
Quote: No, you don't need to change innodb unless you have too.
Once you convert, there is no way back to mysql (easily).

Converting to innodb is very easy. And if you convert back to myisam it's just as easy. I've done it a couple times to gauge performance. Innodb won hands down. I have a great blog post about it.

http://www.vbum.com/2010/01/mybb-and-inc...rformance/

If you upgrade to MySQL 5.5 you'll see even bigger performance increase and I highly recommend you do so.

Quote:MyBB 1.6 far far better than 1.4.

Not really. I took a huge performance hit with 1.6. They only added stuff and none of it was optimizations. The cache system was not improved at all. It's the exact same as 1.4x as far as I know.

And you need a cache like xcache or memcache. It will help if you don't have them yet.
Many thanks for the reply.

I'll try innodb and xcache.
(2011-06-20, 02:26 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]If you upgrade to MySQL 5.5 you'll see even bigger performance increase and I highly recommend you do so.

How many percents?
Dang.. I should upgrade mine this weekend Wink
200-300% from 5.0->5.5
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7