MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: High CPU Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Wiz01 He mentioned that he using a dedi on the post 47
Post 47? That's my post.

------------

My server load is now 10+ Sad

If the 1.6.4 pack will don't solve the problem, my forum will die.

EDIT: I've upgraded my forum to the new 1.6.4 svn version on localhost, i've tested it and it solved all the preformance problems!!!

Great work mybbteam!
i have more then big enough server and mybb keeps crashing i just did a full system restore on my server as i dont know what setting where on there before i had latest stable php with the system restore to factory it has PHP Version 5.1.6 on it Generated in 0.0826190 seconds (78.07% PHP / 21.93% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 26 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0507572 / Memory Usage: 8.26 MB
PHP version: 5.1.6 / Server Load: 0.01 / GZip Compression: Enabled though maybe it was the theme or somthing i havent even set up my tube site on the same server yet so i know thats not the case so it has to be a mybb problem
general suggestions:
Install a PHP opcode cache (apc, eaccellerator, xcache, etc)
optimise mysql (run http://mysqltuner.pl/mysqltuner.pl for suggestions)
Problem solved. Toungue

Thanks to mybb 1.6.4.

And of course thank you for all the replies/suggestions!
Well, with 1.6.4 my site is 10 times faster, but now i have higher server loads than ever... Sad

edit: server load: 63!
Bump...

I'm sorry about this, but i don't want to lose my board.

Any more suggestions, small tips/tricks to decrease server load?
What do you mean, lose your board? If it's shared hosting, the load isn't caused by you only.
I mean, if nobody can help me, then i must close my board (or convert it to another forum software), because i don't want pay more for hosting.

About my hosting:
It's a dedi with 2x xenon CPU, 4GB ram. It's strong enough to run a 4-5x greater forum than mine.
If your load is that high even on 1.6.4 then there is something other than MyBB to blame. Unless you're using hundreds/thousands of forums/permissions/usergroups/prefixes or something, but even then the CPU wouldn't be that high. Upgrading would only have improved performance, not made it worse, so if you're getting even higher CPU levels than before there's clearly something else going on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7