MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Never choose those hosts for your forum!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi guys,

I hope you keep this thread updated!
Those are the hosts that I personally worked with, they're a complete mess, never host your MyBB on one of them, you're gonna regret:

- HostGator (dot) com:
They don't deserve a linkback so I won't type their full url.
---- I only have 30 members online and they blocked my "xmlhttp.php" page because "it's massively loaded", by the way xmlhttp.php is used by the "AJAX" applications such as the Quick Edit, the Multiple Quotes...
---- Server load reached: 98.14
---- More than 1000 websites on the same server, I used to contact them daily because my website was down, or slower than my turtle..
---- Downtime reached 1 hour!!

- GoDaddy (dot) com:
---- That kind of people that always say "We know what we're doing, this is our job..." and never do something, server load, slow website, once you have a problem they will suggest a VPS as a solution, and once you purchase a VPS they will suggest a Dedicated Server...

Afterall this is up to you, I am just trying to help, if you find this thread useless, you can just ignore it Angel
Godaddy is obviously where you don't ever want to go. Hostgator on the other hand I had used for a long time, maybe about a year. I would never recommend hostgator to anyone. They didn't block my stuff and my site was also loading under 0.03. Yes I may have been put on a brand new node but I doubt they didn't put anyone else on my node for a whole year.
(2011-05-30, 02:41 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Godaddy is obviously where you don't ever want to go. Hostgator on the other hand I had used for a long time, maybe about a year. I would never recommend hostgator to anyone. They didn't block my stuff and my site was also loading under 0.03. Yes I may have been put on a brand new node but I doubt they didn't put anyone else on my node for a whole year.

Agreed, I only use GoDaddy to purchase/renew my domain names.
Another one is 000webhost. It's the worst host for any website.
(2011-05-30, 03:08 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Another one is 000webhost. It's the worst host for any website.

Agreed. Once i used 000webhost, i never use the word "worst" to state any other hosts. I just reserved it to 000webhost.
(2011-05-30, 03:24 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-30, 03:08 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Another one is 000webhost. It's the worst host for any website.

Agreed. Once i used 000webhost, i never use the word "worst" to state any other hosts. I just reserved it to 000webhost.

LMAO, thank you guys, I will definitely not use 00webhost Smile

Completely agreed. They claim to be better then paid hosting, and they barely offer anything! They've been updating Fantastico for the past few months or so, and their sitebuilder takes over 4 minutes to just load!

Their premium plan is also not very good if you compare it to other hosts.
HelioHost is very unstable, but it is a free host after all.

I've been with HostGator for quite some time now, and I never had a problem with them. Ever.
And Jason you didn't say why you wouldn't recommend them.
I also just have to mention HostRail here. I've had nothing but a bad experience with them in the past.
(2011-05-30, 02:41 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Hostgator on the other hand I had used for a long time, maybe about a year. I would never recommend hostgator to anyone. They didn't block my stuff and my site was also loading under 0.03. Yes I may have been put on a brand new node but I doubt they didn't put anyone else on my node for a whole year.

I've noticed HG is hit and miss. I tried them once and it was bad in the first 24 hours. While others swear by them so I'm not sure Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5