MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hello..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Please help..

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:

1054 - Unknown column 'sid' in 'where clause'

i get his error ,and description ConfusedELECT * FROM mybb_sessions WHERE sid='231b3985240c1a37f5c7036e032b315c' AND ip='178.253.217.85' LIMIT 1

i tryed fix everything,fix database,fix from phpmyadmin and task from admin cp..

doesnt work..

what should i do?
how did you come across above error ? is it by just visiting the forum ... URL ?
Did you upgrade your MyBB installation recently? Did you run the upgrade script?
Yes,it worked excellent untill today.. i probably did something wrong..

forum worked great,has 900 members and 20000 posts...i suddenly got this message..
http://skillarena.in/

here it is...:/
The mybb_sessions table crashing is a known problem and there is a fix.

Go into your phpmyadmin and locate the mybb_sessions table edit the following;
ALTER TABLE `mybb_sessions` ENGINE = memory

This will prevent your mybb_sessions table from crashing. In order to have it fixed you might have to go to a backup sessions table.

Credit to labrocca for finding this fix.
allright now i got this

Fatal error: [SQL] [1054] Unknown column 'sid' in 'where clause'
SELECT * FROM mybb_sessions WHERE sid='231b3985240c1a37f5c7036e032b315c' AND ip='178.253.217.85' LIMIT 1 in /home/skillare/public_html/inc/db_mysql.php on line 550

i find that line,and it say

/**
* Output a database error.
* @param string The string to present as an error.
*/
function error($string="")
{
if($this->error_reporting)
{
if(class_exists("errorHandler"))
{
global $error_handler;

if(!is_object($error_handler))
{
require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/class_error.php";
$error_handler = new errorHandler();
}

$error = array(
"error_no" => $this->error_number(),
"error" => $this->error_string(),
"query" => $string
);
$error_handler->error(MYBB_SQL, $error);
}
else
{
trigger_error("<strong>[SQL] [".$this->error_number()."] ".$this->error_string()."</strong><br />{$string}", E_USER_ERROR);
}
}
else
{
return false;
}
}

whats problem?

same problem @koz,ddidnt changed anything.
This helps prevent the problem, that's why I stated you have to revert to a backup mybb_session table.
hmm,any guide how to do...cant believe this happens,just write what to do,what will happen if i revert mybb tables..
When you go into your phpmyadmin navigate to your mybb_sessions and click on it. Then go to the mybb_sessions operations tab and change the storage engine to memory and see if that fixes your problem.
Its already put like that.

I have some old backup,could i somehow do just revert table,not to loose posts topics and etc..

sorry for waisting your time,i really need to fix this..
Pages: 1 2 3 4