MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Improved Buddy List = Improved Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I think that "Add X to your buddy list" should be improved, like there should be a button on each post that allows you to add the author to your friendlist or to undo that (if already done)!!

Also:
- Profile Comments should be a built-in feature
- Quick reply on PMs

Thoughts? Smile
Quick reply on PMs is a great idea. Not sure about profile comments though...
Profile comments is just a plus one for spammers. If you really need to say something to someone, send them a PM.
I don't need a button in each post for adding someone to my buddy list. I think there should be less buttons in the postbit. PM, Find Posts and so on would be better in a popup menu, which opens when you click or hover for some secons on the username.
But quick reply on PMs is a must have feature for MyBB 2.0 imo, especially since PMs will be in a conversation style.
I think the buddy list should be a plugin personally.
I'd love to see a plugin that enhanced the buddy plugin as follows:

Options for adding:
Add to Friends
Add to Coworkers
Add to Family (and you have to choose the relationship)
Add to Ignore List (if you are added to any of the above, they get removed)

Show Family on profile with relationships.

This is just an idea I have.
All of those things are useless unless the buddy system actually has a use, such as live chatting, profile commenting, personal galleries, etc.
(2011-09-01, 01:59 AM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see a plugin that enhanced the buddy plugin as follows:

Options for adding:
Add to Friends
Add to Coworkers

Social network, social network, social network, social network.....

(2011-09-02, 01:33 AM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-01, 01:59 AM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see a plugin that enhanced the buddy plugin as follows:

Options for adding:
Add to Friends
Add to Coworkers

Nothing wrong with the idea, and like people say social networks are killing forums, then we need a way to evolve. A plugin like that would give people the option to. I wouldn't want it to be mandatory... wouldn't be right.
(2011-09-02, 02:46 AM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-02, 01:33 AM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]

Options for adding:
Add to Friends
Add to Coworkers

Nothing wrong with the idea, and like people say social networks are killing forums, then we need a way to evolve. A plugin like that would give people the option to. I wouldn't want it to be mandatory... wouldn't be right.

False rumor. Forums are as popular as ever. And the day MyBB starts to change into a social networking software is the day I convert to another forum software. If I wanted a social networking script I'd install one.
Pages: 1 2 3