MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB V3. Members Only to MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Huh i know theres no update yet for to convert everything over from IPB to MyBB but all im wanting to do is keep my members..

i dont care about post counts, posts or anything as im starting a completely new board all i need is to transfer members with their email details so i can then mass mail them about the new board...

hope this can be done easy without having to wait... HuhLightbulb

many thanks for any info on how to do this..
I can have that for you soon. You would have to import user groups as well, but that just saves you from needing to re-create them.
You could try to convert it to PHPBB first, and then convert PHPBB to MyBB, or something of that sort.
(2011-01-25, 11:54 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I can have that for you soon.

Wink that would be great dylan many thanks for your help & quick response..
Well, tbh, I'm dreading going back to work on the IPB3 merge module. IPB3s code is such a nasty mess... that in a week all I had completed was usergroups 100% and users 30%. So I gave up on it and worked on something else in the hopes that when I returned to it I could see it with fresh eyes and less frustration.
that bad .. Sad

well without it im stuck with IPB & i dont wonna be.. i think MyBB has much more going for it.. only thing i do like about IPB is the shoutcast radio mod that can be used. would like to think something similar was going to be made for this board.. but if not i can live without it..

many thanks for any help you can give..
baron.
You can always request a plugin made for it.
cheers i will do if i ever get this issue sorted out so i can then move over to MyBB full time..
Lennart made a paid one if i remember.
(2011-01-25, 11:54 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I can have that for you soon. You would have to import user groups as well, but that just saves you from needing to re-create them.

**BUMP** hows it coming along... any news on this as yet.?
thanks.
baron
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6