MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Community - Take off with MyBB!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2011-08-19, 03:15 PM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Extend: http://mods.mybb.com/
Tutorials: http://community.mybb.com/forum-38.html

It isn't just you guys, anyone who makes sites strictly for MyBB are just reinventing the wheel.

/endopinion

MyBB Runway/community have a lot of unique articles, that aren't in MyBB tutorials section.

According to your theory, if there is an official Forum for a game, no one should start a Gaming Forum. Toungue
I understand where you guys are coming from, but with any software, there are sites that release their own plugins, addons, themes, write tutorials, etc., some of them are good, some of them aren't. MyBB Community / Runway was a pretty successful site in its time until the owner didn't have enough free time to manage it. I'm sure they don't have the intention of overrunning the actual MyBB community and making theirs bigger so I don't see the problem... Plus, it all comes down to the actual staff in order to make it successful, it doesn't really matter what the idea of the site is, I've seen crazy ideas become super popular.
Berlo, if the owner of the 'fansite' (We'll just call it that) can make some unique content, then it will succeed. Sometimes the official sites don't have what everybody wants, so they make their own. Also, for guides & articles on the subject.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Smile
(2011-08-19, 03:26 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Berlo, if the owner of the 'fansite' (We'll just call it that) can make some unique content, then it will succeed. Sometimes the official sites don't have what everybody wants, so they make their own. Also, for guides & articles on the subject.

People can do whatever they want. My opinion shouldn't stop anyone. If you can make a fansite successful, great job. I just think in my opinion, it is reinventing the wheel. But like I said, my opinion doesn't really matter.

I will be honest though, the theme is pretty boss. Good luck!

Well, I respect everyone's opinion. Your feedback is important to me, especially because it's negative. Without negative feedback no one can improve. I will try and look for more ways to make us unique, and more content rich. Smile

Thank you! Smile
(2011-08-19, 03:31 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I respect everyone's opinion. Your feedback is important to me, especially because it's negative. Without negative feedback no one can improve. I will try and look for more ways to make us unique, and more content rich. Smile

I will be honest, after further inspection, some of the content is quite useful and I have not seen it available on this community.

So is it called MyBB Runway or MyBB Community?
Kolton, are you not doing neola anymore? Along with Runeaid and various other forums, i highly doubt you have the time that bob and tri put into it.
Richard, not sure where Runway is mentioned anymore. We're now called MybbCommunity, and we switched from that domain multiple months ago.

Itheme, I am no longer working on Neola.
Oh, whats project ember? If you want MyBBC to be good dedicate time instead of having multiple projects :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7