MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linux deleted it self.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ubuntu has a boot issue? Aw geez haha.

Well I was just asking since I was reading that this could be caused by a faulty harddrive. And my last mac knocked out after 6 years and this one is almost 6 years old....

(2011-09-08, 01:47 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Ubuntu has a boot issue? Aw geez haha.

Well I was just asking since I was reading that this could be caused by a faulty harddrive. And my last mac knocked out after 6 years and this one is almost 6 years old....

Erm, did you miss this post? Toungue
Put the important part in bold for you. Also if you Google for "ubuntu mac boot problems" you'll find a lot of them.

(2011-09-03, 06:33 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I came here expecting to find a weird lime news story, instead, this.

Ubuntu doesn't run well with Mac's I have one and I use to run into problems all the time. Mine deleted itself about 10-20 times already. I never found a fix for it...

But you can try this. Reboot your mac and when its black hold Command and S then turn it on. It will bring you to a command line once its ready to allow you to type put "fsck -fy". If that doesn't fix it the only thing left to try is another OS.
Oh thats right he did say that xD

Well phooey.

I still haven't been able to go over to my friends and burn a CD... Hopefully will be able to do later this weekend and see if it works.

Really? I have an older mac, it's had linux on it since day one, and it's worked fine :s.
(2011-09-08, 03:03 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Really? I have an older mac, it's had linux on it since day one, and it's worked fine :s.

It may be a ubuntu/mac dualboot exclusive problem Toungue.
(2011-09-08, 04:54 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-08, 03:03 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Really? I have an older mac, it's had linux on it since day one, and it's worked fine :s.

It may be a ubuntu/mac dualboot exclusive problem Toungue.

I keep mac on it, it was a sort've gift from a client, his old one, so i could attempt to help him with his issues.
What bootloader do you use tho Mark? Its only an issue with Bootcamp. If you use Chameleon or one of the other alternate boot loaders then it isn't an issue.
(2011-09-08, 06:40 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]What bootloader do you use tho Mark? Its only an issue with Bootcamp. If you use Chameleon or one of the other alternate boot loaders then it isn't an issue.

Oh that explains it. My dad hacked Lilo of some sort on it. My dad was a big Lilo man before Ubuntu 8.04.
Got mint working, mounted Ubuntu from mint and Ubuntu works fine now.

Now that I know Ubuntu has boot problems, I can switch to anther Linux OS, which one do you guys recommend? Is mint good?
(2011-09-11, 10:48 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Got mint working, mounted Ubuntu from mint and Ubuntu works fine now.

Now that I know Ubuntu has boot problems, I can switch to anther Linux OS, which one do you guys recommend? Is mint good?

OS X
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8