MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myBB 1.2 BETA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Out of curiosity, I would like to allow my staff access to the adminCP for user management and banning purposes. For this new version of MyBB, are there new safeguards that make it so that the root admin can no longer be tampered with by anybody but himself in any way, shape, or form? If not, I'd really appreciate it.
Yes, in 1.2 the root admin is protected against being edited, deleted etc by any other admin.
Sweet! Now here's another question you can probably answer MusicalMidget, anything new when it comes to permissions? Whether it be new group permissions options or whether it be new permissions that can be done per-user, I'm just curious about permissions in general for MyBB 1.2. As you can see from my first 1-worded sentence, I'm pretty happy that root admin has some protection now. Thanks!! Cool
For those who need to rewrite their modifications I suggest installing a 1.2 Beta forum (when it comes out of course) on their localhost and doing it there.

That is what I plan on doing. I'll make a carbon copy on localhost and rewrite them there.

It's blazing fast because it's loading off of your own computer, so you can get stuff done quickly.

If you don't know how to install Apache, PHP, and MySQL I suggest downloading EasyPHP. It is a very good program that I can use even when I'm offline.
tristan/SMM Wrote:Sweet! Now here's another question you can probably answer MusicalMidget, anything new when it comes to permissions? Whether it be new group permissions options or whether it be new permissions that can be done per-user, I'm just curious about permissions in general for MyBB 1.2. As you can see from my first 1-worded sentence, I'm pretty happy that root admin has some protection now. Thanks!! Cool

The permissions system hasn't really changed. There's a new forum permission, but I don't recall anything significant other than that.
Is 1.2 beta downloadble yet?
Only to testers, not to the general public, yet.
I am quite happy and also unhappy about MyBB 1.2

(Delete if I am not allowed to say this)
Though it had ARS implemented, it didn't really have all its features.
Example is the minimum posts required for users to give reputation. I think this is a necessary setting!

If there isn't a setting like this, current users can just create new user to rep themselves!
We never intended to copy the ARS modification and implement all that it had. We implemented a basic reputation system using the principals employeed at the Messenger Plus! Forums which is what the ARS was based off.

smethead will no doubt release an updated modification which provides this functionality.
I see.

Hopefully smethead will provide a plugin like that Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7