MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Old
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm quite happy using the plugin and will continue to do so, If they was included i would still use them.
So essentially you're proposing that profile comments would become a public message to another user, rather than a private message?

What exactly do you envision other users posting on each other's profiles?
(2011-09-19, 11:02 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly do you envision other users posting on each other's profiles?
Nothing that isn't covered by other methods of communication already present in MyBB.
(2011-09-19, 11:09 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-19, 11:02 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly do you envision other users posting on each other's profiles?
Nothing that isn't covered by other methods of communication already present in MyBB.

Precisely. The only advantage I can see is the conversation style that profile comments would have and that's being brought into the 2.0 PM system anyway.

If profile comments are core all you'll end up with is comments such as 'Did you get my PM?', 'I'll send it in a PM', 'Did you see that thread the other day, I liked what you said'.
(2011-09-19, 11:13 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ][...]

If profile comments are core all you'll end up with is comments such as 'Did you get my PM?', 'I'll send it in a PM', 'Did you see that thread the other day, I liked what you said'.

This is one of the reason I'm thinking about removing profile comments in my two forums, not very useful after all.
(2011-09-19, 11:02 PM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]So essentially you're proposing that profile comments would become a public message to another user, rather than a private message?

What exactly do you envision other users posting on each other's profiles?

I know that on Facebook if I want to give a message to someone that may be interesting to others or isn't very private I will just post it on their wall. If it's actually private or pertinent only to them I would send a message.
(2011-09-21, 01:15 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I know that on Facebook if I want to give a message to someone that may be interesting to others or isn't very private I will just post it on their wall. If it's actually private or pertinent only to them I would send a message.
What would be the advantage to that over actually posting the content like you would normally do?
Old..
We could have the VM system like in vB, that it can be enabled/disabled completely on admin level, but also that users can disable comments on their profile themselves. So you would still have the option not to use it.
Title protection to prevent all caps...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5