MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MineBoard - The Unique Minecraft Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-09-26, 08:17 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]You need a more blocky theme Toungue. There aren't rounded corners in minecraft Big Grin.
We were going to get a custom one, but funds were low. Maybe when we get a decent start we can collect donations for one? Who knows.

Nevertheless, thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do. Wink
(2011-09-26, 08:18 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I am aware of what their purpose is but the placement is pretty bad.
Why not just add it to the navigation bar? After Help.
(2011-09-26, 03:22 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]They're there to help promote the site Smile And actually there are a lot of sites with social buttons up there near the logo.

Thanks for your feedback!
Well, that would clutter it up. Seems like pretty good placement IMO.
(2011-09-26, 08:54 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, also got a server ?
I might consider joining.
No, but we are looking into this.
Thanks, we hope you do!
Good:

- Theme is really nice, fit for purpose and has a clear consistent look.
- Love the logo.
- You've got a great number of forums, not too much, not too little.

Bad:

- You've still got the default blue buttons for profile stuff and New Reply etc, looks out of place and forgetful.
- "MineBoard is yet another Minecraft forum, but we're trying to make it unique and stand out from the rest out there. Join us today, and help us achieve this goal" - This message should be changed or gotten rid of. It sends the wrong message, doesn't say what your USP is, just that you're trying to be different. Plus, members should join because it's a great place to be, not because they have some unfounded sense of loyalty to a forum they have barely interacted with in order to try and make it a success.
- Social icons under the logo look a bit desperate and like you priorities social media above good content and great discussion. If I were you I would put them in every thread, those buttons are designed for sharing content/articles/discussions not individual websites, you don't see blogs with those icons only for the site do you? No.
- I would spend some time thinking of a better name for MineBoardian Gold, or create an acronym for it, it should roll off the tongue. Smile

Rating: 7/10.

Nearly at the finish line, falls at last hurdle. Good luck. Smile
-Yes, I'll be changing the buttons soon, I was hoping to have the custom theme done when we released but that never came about.
-A rewrite of the message will come soon I suppose.
-Actually, I can name quite a few sites who have the share buttons exclusively for the site itself and not just the content, which we plan to add buttons to Wink I also think the placement is good for now, we have other things we plan to add to the menu bar in the header.
-What?! Mineboardian Gold comes off real smooth man! The members do refer to it as MBG sometimes Wink

Thanks Smile
(2011-09-26, 09:34 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]-Actually, I can name quite a few sites who have the share buttons exclusively for the site itself

Let's hear them.

My only two suggestions would be to move the social buttons and unround everything.

We're planning to get a new theme, and we're working on all this feedback. Thanks! Smile
(2011-09-27, 02:37 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]We're planning to get a new theme, and we're working on all this feedback. Thanks! Smile

I don't know if you guys still wanted to buy that theme or not... but I will release it publicly if you don't I guess.
(2011-09-27, 03:10 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-27, 02:37 AM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]We're planning to get a new theme, and we're working on all this feedback. Thanks! Smile

I don't know if you guys still wanted to buy that theme or not... but I will release it publicly if you don't I guess.

We still have plans to buy it Wink
Amazing site so far. Already at 400 posts!
there are a lot of these minecraft boards these days hope you do well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6