MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: >-> MEBES.net - the /b/ of MyBB <-<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I think it's finally time to make this public on forums, after a month after it has been officially launched I have finally worked out all the bugs with the help of faviouz.
Check out the site www.mebes.net
We pay out $0.10 per post and you can redeem points for Itunes gift cards among other things.
You don't have to register (but if you do know that we don't send email verifications), instead just join the conversation and post.

~Thank you.
Stock theme with some size adjustments and every image is spoiler'd...not sure how much I like that.

What's the reason behind those two things?
He seems to have created an image board using MyBB. Although it's a nice idea, he should have probably gone for the Futaba script.
(2011-10-03, 12:10 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Stock theme with some size adjustments and every image is spoiler'd...not sure how much I like that.

What's the reason behind those two things?

1. For simplicity, new theme will be uploaded 11/11/11.
2. Because most images posted are big enough to break the default width. The other reason is that images strand out a lot, this isn't an image board, it's a mybb - mybb is a message type - compared to the size of each post images are at least 5 times larger, this way it's easier to organize the thread and open whatever image you want to view instead of having it jump in your face.
I think people will be too busy playing Skyrim to take note of that. Toungue
I think it's a great concept, but in the real world you can't really compete with it (the real thing, nor Reddit)
(2011-10-05, 04:00 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's a great concept, but in the real world you can't really compete with it (the real thing, nor Reddit)

Don't forget the innovation here, I'm simply bringing essentially the same principle to another platform. To a platform where there can be a market for this lounging. The demographic switches from 18+ to 13+ (kid friendly). I'm only stuck on one thing, I don't know what it is yet. I'm like Jesse Einsberg from Social Network, I'm not ready to advertise because I don't know what it is yet. Only the members will shape it into a principle. Right now it's heading in the 4chan direction due to the clone threads.
Going back to your point about not being able to compete, I'm not trying to, I'm innovating a idea and attracting a new demographic to it. I am NOT cloning and stealing /b/ members.
I don't know if hate or love you

How didn't i hear this project before?
I am owner of several imageboards (different reasons and editorial lines) passed through kusaba, futaba, futalabby, rokubapy and stuff, but i've always thinked on make one with mybb

You guys passed me over

Loved the idea!
I like this site.
EDIT:

Spoilers = Annoying

Get the image resize plugin
(2011-10-05, 08:56 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]I like this site.
EDIT:

Spoilers = Annoying

Get the image resize plugin

Like I said previously, this is not an image board, images should be used in the same manner they are used on the average mybb board. The reason why they are automatically in spoilers is because it's convenient for users with different screens. Also, there is a mobile device plugin which plays a big roll in the forum having images break the plugin is bad business. This way users are given the option to view the images.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5