MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Let's talk AdSense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello there,

I hope you're all fine, so basically I created this thread so we can share our knowledge about Google AdSense...

If you have a good revenue, share with others how you worked on your website and how much unique visitors you get per day, give them some advices, which niche should they choose etc...

And if you're an AdSense newbie, or have a very low AdSense revenue, share ideas and discuss...

Rules:
Respect the Google AdSense TOS (few advices: don't EVER share your information "CTR - CPC...."...)

So I'll start,
Everyone's CTR should be low and that's very normal, especially if you're targetting people who are aware of the ads (like webmasters...)

Mine is low, and not stable at all, like one day I can genuinely break the record, and the other I can amazingly fall down...
A good combination is Adsense with Adwords. It goes around in a loop so you spend money to make money.

Depending on your color scheme, you can get a higher ctr by either making the ads blend it or making them stand out. For some websites one method will work better than the other. It's a good idea to experiment.

I highly recommend putting the ads above the fold where visitors will be able to see them.
(2011-10-24, 07:35 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]A good combination is Adsense with Adwords. It goes around in a loop so you spend money to make money.

Depending on your color scheme, you can get a higher ctr by either making the ads blend it or making them stand out. For some websites one method will work better than the other. It's a good idea to experiment.

I highly recommend putting the ads above the fold where visitors will be able to see them.

Agreed, ads on the bottom is just a loss..

For very big forums, the CTR does not exceed the 1%, because many visitors are actually members, and they're likely to spend much time going through different pages without clicking on ads each time they go to a new page, which generates high page views and negatively affects the CTR...
Using the same colour background for ads as my forum background seems to work well.

[Image: di-T7EE.png]
(2011-10-24, 11:19 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Using the same colour background for ads as my forum background seems to work well.

[Image: di-T7EE.png]
That is a good advice there.

For new forum owners, this might help you on your adsense layout: http://adsense.blogspot.com/2005/10/six-...s-for.html

The heatmap for those who don't want to go in detail:

[Image: forum%20heat%20map-761099.JPG]
(2011-10-25, 12:26 AM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-24, 11:19 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Using the same colour background for ads as my forum background seems to work well.
That is a good advice there.

For new forum owners, this might help you on your adsense layout: http://adsense.blogspot.com/2005/10/six-...s-for.html

The heatmap for those who don't want to go in detail:

[Image: forum%20heat%20map-761099.JPG]
If you put that many ads on your website you will lose more people then gain.
That's just showing ideal locations for ads. I tend to have 1 or 2 ads on each page, one at the top near the navigation, and one near the bottom, either before the board stats box or before the quick reply box. I want them to be there, but not competing for attention with my content.
(2011-10-25, 04:04 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]That's just showing ideal locations for ads. I tend to have 1 or 2 ads on each page, one at the top near the navigation, and one near the bottom, either before the board stats box or before the quick reply box. I want them to be there, but not competing for attention with my content.

Oh i know. But a lot of people think that this means put that many ads there.
It's just a guide for the new forum owners. You wouldn't be able to fill those up with ads anyway since you're limited to 3 ad units.

For those who are confused about the heatmap, you can just do the standard placements of Header, Footer, and After first post. All of which are possible with MyAdvertisements plugin.
(2011-10-25, 09:17 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Oh i know. But a lot of people think that this means put that many ads there.

Small piece of advice: Don't make ads compete with your content, if you don't earn much money from AdSense, then your problem is not AdSense but you own traffic.

who should affect who?
Your website's traffic & rich content should positively affect your Ads and incomes
Never let your Ads negatively affect your traffic and content (don't make your visitors lives hard by putting as much ads as you can and don't focus on ads and incomes only!)
Pages: 1 2 3 4