MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use portal as home page outside forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
you need to set the cookie path to "/" instead of "/forum"
Yep got it thanks
Also cant remember if I missed something but I had to change the redirect from portal.php to index.php so that it didnt redirect me to a broken link when logging in.

Thanks
which redirect? i have an .htaccess setting to rewrite from portal.php to index.php so i may have never seen that problem
How if after login direct to forum/index.php again, and logout direct to portal (was index.php)
edit member.php

around line 1094 find
		else
		{
			redirect("index.php", $lang->redirect_loggedin);
		}

and change it to
		else
		{
			redirect($mybb->settings['bburl'], $lang->redirect_loggedin);
		}

and around line 1196 find
	$plugins->run_hooks("member_logout_end");
	redirect("index.php", $lang->redirect_loggedout);

and change it to
	$plugins->run_hooks("member_logout_end");
	redirect($mybb->settings['homeurl'], $lang->redirect_loggedout);
When I change the quick login code in general.js, the quick login no longer works. It comes back as a 404 undefined member. Any ideas?
(2012-04-18, 07:48 AM)Tom B Wrote: [ -> ]When I change the quick login code in general.js, the quick login no longer works. It comes back as a 404 undefined member. Any ideas?

does not work on any forum page or just not on the portal?

link to site and a test account?
Thanks very much for getting back to me so fast. This is really strange, but it seems to be working now, lol. I changed it back to the original code last night, so I could log in. I just changed it again to the code you provide, so that I could let you try it, but it is working. I'll get back to you if anything changes. Thanks again.
thanks, typos happen or maybe it was a corrupt/failed file save. not a big deal, glad you got it working.
Wait, I spoke too soon. It works on the portal page (home page) but not on the forum.

Here is a test account:

Username: test
Password: test12

Home page (login works): http://www.moneytrance.com/
Forum (does not work): http://www.moneytrance.com/forum/

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10