MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use portal as home page outside forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thanks.. Solved quickly. Smile

I think there is a cookie problem.. as there are two index.php files, one in the root, and one in /forum/.
If I set the cookie path to "/", It works fine with the root index.php and no login logout problem for root index.php, but the problem occurs in /forum/index.php where I can't login, and can't even login to Admin CP..

If I set the cookie path to "/forum/", It does the reverse.

Is there anyway to make it fix for both page..

I mean I want users to stay on that page from where they logged in or logged out, either its in the root, or in /forum/.

For example: I want the login to work like them.. :
forumpromotion.net
forumpromotion.net/forum
I am also looking for same fix....can anyone solve my problem?
not sure what the problem is since this is exactly how I use it all my forums and it works fine. have you tried another browser or made sure your cookies/cache is clear and restarted your browser after making all the changes?

what cookie domain are you using?
Excellent..I tried all steps from beginning....now its working like a charm. Only problem...I use sidebox plus plugin. Sidebox Plus login box stopped working......any idea ...how to fix it?
what is your URL?
I'm not sure if this still gets support anymore, but I need some help.

My homepage is located at: http://www.tyrianunity.com/

For some reason the plugin we use "Upcomming events" isn't directing to the correct forum posts- I'm getting 404 errors. It is currently pathing to:

tyrianunity.com/calendar.blah blah blah
When it should be pathing to:
tyrianunity.com/forum/calendar.blah blah blah

Can someone point me in the right direction on where I should be editing the index.php [old portal.php] to tell plugins on the portal page to path correctly?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give!
you probably need to edit the plugin or the templates the plugin uses to include {$mybb->settings['bburl']} in any href they use
(2013-02-15, 10:26 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]you probably need to edit the plugin or the templates the plugin uses to include {$mybb->settings['bburl']} in any href they use

Thank you, I'll look into it! At least I can narrow down my problem! Have a wonderful day!
(2012-11-10, 03:51 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]not sure what the problem is since this is exactly how I use it all my forums and it works fine. have you tried another browser or made sure your cookies/cache is clear and restarted your browser after making all the changes?

what cookie domain are you using?

I did all things, but the problem still remains.
My cookie domain is set to: .mydomain.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10