MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Script to Update Plugins for 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2011-12-20, 05:09 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]looks like a permissions issue or a host doe snot allow the php functions I use.

I am having the same problem. Can you expand on this a bit more? What do I need to say in my support ticket to my host to fix this?
go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > View PHP Info and look for "disable_functions" and see if any of these are listed:

fopen
fgets
file_get_contents
file_put_contents

If these are listed, you need to ask your host to enable them. if they won't then you can use the dryrun option to get the files you need to modify

regarding permissions you need to make sure that the script it woned by your main account and the permissions allow it to run.

does the dry run work at all?
Under "disable_funtions" I have "no value" for both fields.

I sent a support ticket to my host and they explained to me that this error is caused by php is running as DSO. I have no idea what that means though.

They manually fixed the one example I gave them by changing the permission to 777 from 644 but I have 12 more files that need to be fixed.

Yes, the dry run works.
then change the permissions for the rest via an FTP or webdisk program and run the tool again
Done. Thanks for making this script sir.
no problem. be sure to reset the permissions back to 644
very cool so thanks sir
This worked a treat...so simple to use..Thanks Pavemen Smile
I love you for creating this! Everything went fine.
it works fine. I love it.
thanks a lot
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10